Overview of the Axis S3008 MkII Network Video Recorder
- Integrated PoE switch for up to 8 PoE class 3 devices (max. 124w budget)
- Compatible with Axis Companion and Axis Camera Station
- Reliable recordings via a surveillance-grade hard drive
- Convenient USB port for exporting video for further investigation
- 2TB, 4TB or 8TB hard drive sizes available
Designed with size and accessibility in mind, the Axis S3008 MkII offers a simple and straightforward solution for recording video, perfect for small businesses. Compatible with Axis Companion software, users can view and manage their video feeds remotely, whilst the USB port offers a handy solution for exporting video. 8 PoE class 3 cameras or other Axis devices can be connected including all Axis cameras, via the integrated PoE switch, with data being stored on either a 2TB, 4TB or 8TB surveillance-grade hard drive (select size from the dropdown menu) and easy setup via the Axis Companion app.
This compact and accessible recorder offers an easy-to-use video recording solution, ideal for single-site small businesses. The integrated PoE switch powers up to 8 cameras or encoders with firmware 5.50 or later with a total maximum 124w budget. The surveillance-grade hard drive comes in sizes of 2TB, 4TB or 8TB (selectable above), allowing the user plenty of choice when it comes to storage of video in any resolution and frame rate, with gigabit uplink providing ultra-high-definition recordings. The Axis Companion application uses Axis Secure Remote Access to provide remote display to a local monitor and mobile devices, and recordings can easily be exported via the built-in USB port.
The Axis Companion application is a free, easy-to-use video management solution, which allows playback, live monitoring and export of recordings via the mobile app. Users can also take advantage of more detailed configuration settings through the PC version. However, the NVR can also be integrated with Axis Camera Station, Milestone XProtect and some cloud CCTV platforms such as Morphean Cloud CCTV.
The Companion app also allows for video motion detection alarms to be set when camera-based activity triggers an event, which can be recorded to the NVR and a notification sent to the mobile app. Depending on the capabilities of the camera or device, additional functionality can be utilised through Axis Object Analytics or Axis VMD 4 to further tailor the system agsinst security requirements.
The S3008 MKII Recorder is designed with simplicity in mind, and the straightforward installation means the user can have their system set up with minimum effort. The desktop wizard walks the user through installation, and the NVR's sleek, compact design allows for installation in a secure location, where camera cables can be easily managed. Optional mounting brackets are available (not included) so the recorder can be positioned on a wall, on a shelf or under a table.
Key features & benefits
- Cost-effective, straightforward solution for monitoring and recording, perfect for small businesses.
- Sleek, low-profile design offers unobtrusive installation
- 8 connection ports compatible with all Axis cameras and encoders, up to PoE class 3
- Integrated PoE switch reduces the need for additional network switches
- Reliable and secure storage provided by surveillance-grade hard disk, sized at 2TB, 4TB or 8TB
- Built-in USB port offers a simple video export solution for quick investigation
- All frame rates and camera resolutions are supported, providing flexibility for retention times
- One-way audio recording is possible depending on the camera's audio functionalities
- Basic video management features included in the free Axis Companion application for mobile and PC
- Recorder & hard drive warranty: 5 years
Designed for small single-site installations where simplicity and affordability are a must. Typical applications include cafes, retail stores, and dental practices.
- User manual
- Installation guide
- Axis mains power adapter
- OAK key
Back To Top
- Axis TS3001 Recorder Mount
- Axis TW8100 Rack Mount