Overview of the Axis Q9216-SLV
- Delivers 4MP resolution video at up to 25 fps
- 2.4mm fixed lens with a wide 125° horizontal field of view
- Anti-ligature, stainless steel casing
- Up to 15m 940nm IR illumination
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Size: 131 x 209 x 176 mm
This hardy corner mount IP camera from Axis features an anti-ligature design and stainless-steel casing - making it an ideal choice for demanding, high-security environments in which the unit may be exposed to impact or vandalism attempts. The premium model captures high-quality 4MP resolution video at a full frame rate – 24 hours a day. With integrated infrared (IR) LEDs enhancing night vision at a range of up to 15m alongside Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology, this camera can capture detailed and reliable video footage even in challenging lighting conditions. A removable built-in microphone also enables one-way audio recording within close proximity to the camera, and installation is simplified with support for Power over Ethernet (PoE).
Designed to be mounted into the corner of a room in critical security areas, such as custody suites or correctional facilities; this anti-ligature camera is capable of delivering unobtrusive corner-to-corner coverage, with a fixed lens that offers a wide horizontal viewing angle of 125° alongside 940nm IR LEDs, which emit a reduced glow that is less noticeable to the naked eye. Images can also be enhanced with one-way audio recording thanks to a built-in microphone – particularly useful when examining footage for investigation purposes. The robust camera features an IP66/NEMA4X-rated stainless-steel housing with an IK10+ 50 joules rating for protection in demanding locations, as well as being able to withstand high-pressure cleaning methods.
WDR technology helps to improve images captured in challenging lighting conditions by compensating for bright light and dark shadows - ensuring individuals and objects are clearly visible. The video stream can also be vertically oriented with Axis’ Corridor Format – preventing the recording of redundant areas when monitoring narrow scenes. Specific areas of the original image can be examined in more detail by users with digital pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) controls; also helping to more clearly identify persons or objects.
Video motion detection and tampering alarms can be configured to enhance scene awareness and notify users of activity via notifications such as email. These analytics can be further expanded through the utilisation of the Axis Camera Application Platform (ACAP) – enabling the installation of powerful analytics applications from Axis or third-party developers such as virtual tripwire, loitering alarm or other intrusion detection applications.
Edge storage is included, and recordings can be written to the onboard MicroSD card (not included) - providing a helpful backup of data if the network fails. In addition, the Q9216-SLV supports direct storage to network-attached storage devices (NAS) for recording to any retention period. It is also compatible with leading video management software (VMS) platforms, including Axis Camera Station and Milestone XProtect.
The camera is specifically designed to be flush-mounted into a corner and installation is also simplified with support for PoE which supplies the camera with power and network connectivity over a single cable.
Key Features & Benefits
- Stainless-steel, corner-mounted IP camera with anti-ligature design for video surveillance of high-security environments
- Offers detailed 4MP resolution at up to 25 fps
- 2.4mm fixed lens with wide 125° horizontal field of view
- Built-in 940nm LEDs provide up to 15m of night vision
- A removable built-in microphone enables audio recording within close proximity to the camera
- WDR technology captures detailed images in high-contrast scenes
- Axis Corridor Format vertically orientates the video stream, allowing the field of view to be optimised for monitoring narrow areas
- Users can examine areas of the original image in greater detail using digital PTZ controls
- Configurable video motion detection alarms alert users to activity, enhancing security monitoring
- On-board MicroSD card storage (card not included) offers a backup of data should network connectivity fail
- Supports storage to NAS devices, offering larger storage capacity
- PoE supplies power and network connection to the camera through one cable - simplifying installation
This advanced camera is ideal for deployment in highly exposed areas thanks to its extremely robust, IK10-rated stainless-steel casing. Typical applications include prisons, industrial sites and ports.
- Installation guide
- User manual
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Back To Top