This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis Q8752-E
Overview of the Axis Q8742-E
Part of the high-performance Axis Q87 series, this bispectral PTZ network camera from Axis delivers both thermal and high-definition CCTV surveillance in one. The outdoor-ready unit features an HD 1080p visual sensor with 30x optical zooming, and a thermal sensor which delivers thermal imaging in VGA resolution (640 x 480). In addition to full pan/tilt functionality, this advanced PTZ model also includes support for edge storage, focus recall and Axis Zipstream technology.
Delivering two live streams, one from a thermal sensor and one from an HD visual sensor, this dual lens unit captures smooth video footage at up to 25 frames per second (fps). This offers the ‘best of both worlds’ by enabling accurate detection and verification, as well as the ability to distinguish colour and detail. The camera’s visual sensor also supports wide dynamic range (WDR) – Forensic Capture to ensure details in high contrast scenes are not lost. In addition, focus recall technology is included and provides instant focus in predefined areas.
When installed onto a column, wall or pole, this PTZ network camera has the ability to deliver a full 360° unobstructed field of view and a ‘ground to sky’ 135° tilt. Jerk-free, variable pan/tilt movements allow users to precisely navigate across a large scene to specific regions of interest – ensuring all activity is captured. The unit’s robust, IP66-rated housing allows for safe deployment in outdoor areas and cold start-up ensures continuous operation in temperatures as low as -40°C.
Various video motion detection methods are configurable to help alert users of possible incidents, and alarm signalling is enhanced with the connection of external devices via the included I/O connector. These motion detection alerts can also be used to trigger certain tasks such as starting a guard tour or moving directly to a pre-set location - ensuring no vital footage is missed.
Support for Axis’ award winning Zipstream technology helps to lower bandwidth and storage requirements. By analysing the video stream in real-time, this advanced technology ensures important details in the image are retained, while unnecessary data can be removed. The unit’s built-in SFP slot offers optional fibre connectivity for long distance network connections (SFP module not included) and the integrated MicroSD card slot provides edge storage - serving as a data backup if the network connection is interrupted.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Bispectral PTZ consists of a thermal and visual sensor – providing accurate detection, as well as the ability to distinguish colour and detail
- High-definition, visual sensor captures smooth HD 1080p resolution video at full frame rate
- Thermal sensor offers thermal imaging in 640 x 480 (VGA) that can be scaled up to 800 x 600 (SVGA)
- IP66-rated housing allows the unit to be safely deployed in outdoor locations
- Jerk-free, variable pan/tilt movements (including 360° pan and 135° tilt) allows precise navigation across large scenes
- 30x optical zoom allows real-time investigation in regions of interest
- Focus recall improves PTZ performance and provides instant focus in predefined areas
- WDR – Forensic Capture technology improves image quality in scenes with high contrast lighting
- Remote operation of the integrated washer and silicone wiper removes water or dirt that collects on the surface of the lens cover
- Video motion detection alarms can be configured to help enhance security monitoring
- I/O connector is included and allows external devices to be connected for enhanced alarm signalling
- Axis’ Zipstream technology optimises the video stream in real-time, lowering bandwidth and storage levels by up to 50%
- SFP slot enables fibre connectivity for long distance network connections
- Single IP address makes the 'dual sensor' unit a cost-effective choice when integrating into Axis Camera Station VMS
- Recordings can be written to the on-board MicroSD card to provide a helpful backup of data if the network fails
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
The Axis Q8742-E is an advanced, bispectral PTZ IP camera that delivers reliable thermal detection and smooth real-time viewing in HD 1080p. Designed for mission-critical applications, this high-performance unit allows users to responsively monitor large locations such as ports, large manufacturing warehouses and airport runways.
- Installation guide
- Axis Surveillance MicroSD card (64 GB)
- Connector kit
- Torx T20 bit
- Torx T30 bit
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above if required):
- Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
- Export restrictions apply to certain countries
- Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.
Back To Top