This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis Q8752-E
Overview of the Axis Q8741-LE
Part of the advanced Axis Q87 series, this bispectral PTZ network camera combines thermal and visual surveillance into one. The outdoor-ready unit includes an HD 1080p visual sensor with 30x optical zooming, and a thermal sensor which delivers thermal imaging in 384 x 288 resolution that can be scaled up 768 x 576. In addition to full pan/tilt functionality, this high-performance PTZ model is also supplied with infrared illuminators which help to enhance night vision at a range of up to 500m.
Delivering two live streams, one from a thermal sensor and one from a high-definition visual sensor -this dual lens unit is able to capture smooth video at up to 25 frames per second (fps). This helps to enable accurate detection and verification, as well as the ability to distinguish colour and detail. The dual lens unit’s visual sensor also supports wide dynamic range (WDR) – Forensic Capture to ensure details in high contrast scenes are not lost. In addition, the camera is supplied with one pair of 850nm IR LED illuminators and a set of diverging lenses, which offer beam angles up to 120° and a maximum illumination distance of 500m.
The PTZ unit can be installed onto a column, wall or pole to deliver an unobstructed field of view using its 360° endless pan and ‘ground to sky’ 135° tilt. In addition, users are able to navigate precisely across large scenes to specific regions of interest and ensure all activity is captured - thanks to the camera’s jerk-free, variable pan/tilt movements. Designed for mission-critical surveillance applications, the model’s IP66-rated housing with Arctic temperature control enables durable external use throughout harsh weather including very low temperatures.
A range of video motion detection alarms can be configured to help alert users of possible incidents, and alarm signalling is enhanced with the connection of external devices via the included I/O connector. These detection alarms can also be used to trigger specific tasks such as starting a guard tour or moving directly to a pre-set location – ensuring no vital footage is missed.
Axis Zipstream technology analyses and optimises the video stream in real-time, recording interesting details in high quality, whilst filtering other areas out to reduce bandwidth and storage use. The camera’s integrated SFP slot offers optional fibre connectivity for long distance network connections (SFP module not included). In addition, the built-in MicroSD card slot provides edge storage - serving as a data backup if the network connection is interrupted.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Bispectral PTZ includes both a thermal and visual sensor – providing accurate detection, as well as the ability to distinguish colour and detail
- High-definition, visual sensor delivers smooth HD resolution at full frame rate
- Thermal sensor offers thermal imaging in 384 x 288 resolution that can be scaled up to 768 x 576 resolution
- Robust, IP66-rated housing allows the camera to be safely deployed in outdoor locations
- Jerk-free, 360° pan and ‘ground to sky’ 135° tilt allows precise navigation across large scenes
- Pair of infrared illuminators and selection of diverging lenses offer beam angles up to 120° and a maximum illumination distance of 500m
- Real-time investigation into regions of interest using 30x optical zooming
- Focus recall provides instant focus in predefined areas – even in difficult lighting conditions
- WDR – Forensic Capture technology improves image quality in scenes with high contrast lighting
- Integrated washer and silicone wiper can be remotely operated to remove water or dirt that collect on the surface of the lens cover
- Various video motion detection alarms can be configured to help enhance security monitoring
- Included I/O connector allows external devices to be connected for enhanced alarm signalling
- Axis Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth and storage – whilst maintaining resolution and frame rate
- SFP slot enables fibre connectivity for long distance network connections
- Single IP address makes the 'dual sensor' unit a cost-effective choice when integrating into Axis Camera Station VMS
- Support for recording to MicroSD card provides a helpful backup of data if the network fails
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
The Axis Q8741-LE is a high-performance, bispectral PTZ IP camera that can deliver reliable thermal detection and smooth real-time viewing in HD 1080p. Offering IR illumination distances up to 500m, the advanced model allows users to responsively monitor large locations such as power stations, large manufacturing loading bays and truck terminals – 24 hours a day.
- Installation guide
- Axis PT IR Illuminator Kit C
- Axis Surveillance MicroSD card (64 GB)
- Connector kit
- Torx T20 bit
- Torx T30 bit
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above & accessories tab if required):
- Mounting accessories
- Power supply
- MicroSD card
- Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
- Export restrictions apply to certain countries
- Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.
Back To Top