This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis Q8752-E
Overview of the Axis Q8741-E
This advanced, bispectral PTZ network camera from Axis combines thermal and visual surveillance into one. It features an HD 1080p visual sensor with a powerful 30x optical zoom, and a thermal sensor which provides thermal imaging in 384 x 288 resolution that can be scaled up 768 x 576. The outdoor-ready unit offers full pan/tilt functionality to provide comprehensive CCTV monitoring in large locations. Additional features include support for edge storage, Zipstream technology and focus recall.
The dual sensor unit is able to deliver two live streams: one from a thermal sensor and one from a high-definition visual sensor at up to 25 frames per second (fps). This dual stream offers the ‘best of both worlds’ by delivering accurate detection and verification, as well as the ability to distinguish colours and details. The visual sensor also supports wide dynamic range (WDR) – Forensic Capture, which helps to improve the quality of images captured in high contrast scenes by lowering noise levels and increasing the image signal.
Designed for mission-critical surveillance applications, the unit can provide an unobstructed field of view using its 360° endless pan and ‘ground to sky’ 135° tilt when installed onto a column, wall or pole. Jerk-free, variable pan/tilt movements allow users to navigate precisely across large scenes to specific areas of interest – ensuring no activity is missed. In addition, the unit’s tough, IP66-rated aluminium housing allows it to be safely deployed in outdoor locations and cold start-up ensures continuous operation in temperatures as low as -40°C.
Video motion detection alarms can be configured to enhance scene awareness and notify users of activity via notifications such as email. These alarms can also be used to trigger certain tasks such as starting a guard tour or moving directly to a pre-set location to ensure all activity is captured. Users are also able to connect external devices via the included I/O connector to help enhance alarm signalling.
Axis Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth and storage requirements, ensuring important details within the image are maintained within the stream, while unnecessary data can be removed. In addition, the integrated SFP slot offers optional fibre connectivity for long distance network connections (SFP module not included). Edge storage is also supported, allowing data to be stored directly to the on-board MicroSD card - serving as a data backup if the network connection is interrupted.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Bispectral PTZ features both a thermal and visual sensor for accurate detection, as well as the ability to distinguish colour and details
- Visual sensor delivers smooth HD 1080p resolution at up to 25 frames per second
- Offers thermal imaging in 384 x 288 resolution that can be scaled up to 768 x 576 resolution
- Outdoor-ready, IP66-rated housing enables the camera to function in temperatures as low as -40°C
- Jerk-free, 360° pan and ‘ground to sky’ 135° tilt allows precise navigation across large scenes
- Regions of interest can be investigated in real-time using the visual sensors powerful 30x optical zoom
- Focus recall provides instant focus in predefined areas – even in difficult lighting conditions
- Ability to cope well with challenging lighting environments with WDR - Forensic Capture technology
- Remote operation of the integrated washer and silicone wiper removes water or dirt that collects on the surface of the lens cover
- Configurable video motion detection alarms can alert users of activity in the scene for reliable security monitoring
- External devices can be connected through the I/O connector to enhance alarm signalling
- Axis Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth by analysing and optimising the video stream in real-time
- SFP slot enables fibre connectivity for long distance network connections
- Dual sensor unit only requires one IP address – offering a cost saving when integrating into Axis Camera Station VMS
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board MicroSD card and used as a backup if the network fails
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
The advanced Axis Q8741-E bispectral PTZ network camera is a dual sensor unit that provides reliable detection with thermal imaging, as well as smooth real-time viewing in HD 1080p. The high-performance model allows large sites that require reliable and accurate security surveillance to be monitored responsively. It’s an ideal choice for mission-critical applications such as prison ground borders, power stations and marine depots.
- Installation guide
- Axis Surveillance MicroSD card (64 GB)
- Connector kit
- Torx T20 bit
- Torx T30 bit
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above & accessories tab if required):
- Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
- Export restrictions apply to certain countries
- Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.
Back To Top