This product has now been discontinued, for alternative products see Thermal IP cameras.
Overview of the 0493-001 Axis Q8722-E
The Axis Q8722-E combines a HD 720p visual camera with a thermal imaging IP camera into one unit for advanced perimeter surveillance, featuring high speed PTZ functionality with 360° endless panning.
Designed for surveillance applications of the highest level, the Axis Q8722-E is ideal for environments such as prisons, military bases, nuclear plants, airports and other critical infrastructure. With dual streaming capability, this unit is able to provide HD 720p CCTV footage simultaneously to a thermal stream. This feature enables the thermal camera to detect intruders or vehicles over a long range whilst the high resolution visual stream is used for visual monitoring of the area where the intruder or vehicle detection took place. As the thermal camera uses heat as oppose to light to monitor its environment, the thermal camera can provide surveillance in complete darkness. Being able to withstand temperatures between -30° to 45° makes the Q8722-E unit suitable for outdoor use in most climates.
The Q8722-E offers 2 lens choices (please select from above drop down menu). The thermal camera can either provide a detection range of 1800m using a 60mm lens, or the 35mm lens which would provide a shorter range but wider coverage.
Additional features which further enhance the Axis Q8722-E's advanced monitoring capabilities are video motion detection, privacy masking and Axis' Gatekeeper technology which zooms in when an object is detected whilst 'guarding' a gate, then zooming out once the object has gone.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply. Please select one from the above drop down menu if required.
Key features and benefits
- Visual camera delivers high quality footage in HD 720p at 30 frames per second with 10x optical zoom for detailed images over a distance
- 640x480 thermal camera maintains monitoring through bad weather and detects activity in shadows and total darkness
- 360° panning and wide tilt angle of the unit ensure secure monitoring of the whole scene
- IP66-rated casing protects the cameras from rain and dust, enabling robust outdoor use
- Automatic day/night enables the visual camera to produce black and white images in low light for clear image capture
- The autofocus feature on the visual camera makes installation and maintenance quicker and easier, providing optimum focus for high quality images
- Video motion detection alerts the user of activity detected via email notification and triggers on board recording
- On-board storage can record when activity is detected so critical footage is always captured regardless of network connection
- H.264 and Motion JPEG compression method enable bandwidth management flexibility
- Privacy masking blocks sensitive or private areas from the camera°ås field of view so not to capture anything sensitive or private
- PoE enables the unit and it°ås features to be powered completely by a single cable, also carrying network connection for quicker, cost-effective installation
Compatible recording platforms:
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
The Axis Q8722-E dual PTZ network camera offers advanced outdoor monitoring even during total darkness, ideal for mission-critical applications that demand 24/7 surveillance in restricted areas. Typical applications include prisons, military and government grounds, nuclear plants and arenas.
- Installation guide
- Installation and management software CD
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Back To Top
- SD card (please select from above drop down menu if required)
- PT IR illuminator kit