This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Network Video Encoders
Overview of the 0584-001 Axis Q7436
High-performance and flexible, the Q7436 video encoder blade from Axis provides up to 6 channels of analogue to IP migration at 60/50 frames per second, PTZ control over coax, intelligent video with tampering alarm and motion detection, H.264 and Motion JPEG compression and image enhancing technologies. For use with the Axis Q7920 Video Encoder Chassis, Axis Q7900 Rack or Axis 291 1UVideo Server Rack.
The Axis Q7436 video encoder blade provides a high-performance encoding solution, with support for up to 6 channels and 60/50 frames per second capability for smooth video footage. The Q7436 encoder enables up to 6 analogue CCTV cameras to be integrated into an IP video system, keeping costs down by using existing infrastructure. In addition to standard PTZ control using serial ports, the Axis Q7436 also offers PTZ control over coaxial cable, offering installation cost-savings.
Optimised contrast, noise reduction and enhanced sharpness provide high quality, enhanced video output whilst intelligent video capabilities including tamper and motion detection provide accurate security monitoring; alerting the user via a range of methods when an event occurs. The Axis Q7436 network video encoder can deliver H.264 and Motion JPEG streams, individually configured from each channel, at full frame rate and in all resolutions.
The Axis Q7436 fits into the Axis Q7920 video encoder chassis with support for up to 84 channels, ideal for large CCTV systems.
Key features & benefits
- 6 ports provides encoding for up to 6 analogue CCTV cameras, ideal for small IP video systems
- Can fit into the Axis Q9720 video encoder chassis providing support for up to 84 cameras, ideal for larger IP video systems
- High performance 60/50 fps capability delivers smooth video footage
- PTZ over coax control reduces installation costs and provides flexibility with PTZ cameras
- Provides reliable CCTV monitoring with intelligent video capabilities including tamper and motion detection with a variety of user alert methods
- Imaging technologies improve video quality and detail visibility for clearer surveillance footage
- Dual codec enables individually configurable streams in either H.264 or Motion JPEG
Compatible recording platforms:
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
With 6 channel support, 60/50 fps capability and PTZ control over coax, the Axis Q7436 network video encoder blade is ideal for use in small, high-performance CCTV systems that require the migration of high frame rate analogue PTZ cameras to IP video. Ability to fit into the Axis Q9720 makes this encoder also suitable for large CCTV systems in applications such as airports, universities and city surveillance.
Back To Top
- Installation guide
- Installation and management software CD
- Windows decoder user license