This product has been discontinued, for alternative models please see Network Video Encoders
Overview of the 0742-001 Axis Q7424-R
Robust and durable Q7424-R network video encoder from Axis designed for use in tough environments. With up to 4 channels, edge recording to SD card, intelligent video features including tamper, audio and motion detection, dual codec, SFP slot for fibre connection and PoE.
The Axis Q7424-R network video recorder enables up to 4 analogue CCTV cameras to be migrated to an IP video system using existing infrastructure. Rugged and able to withstand shocks, vibrations and temperature fluctuations, the Q7424-R encoder delivers a robust and hard-wearing solution suitable for demanding applications. Built-in SD card recording (card not included) provides cost-effective storage of video data without the need for a centralised device. Two-way audio support enables sound recording from the camera to assist with event analysis.
With intelligent video features including tampering alarm and video and motion detection, the Axis Q7424-R delivers powerful event management and accurate monitoring. H.264 and Motion JPEG are both supported by the Q7424-R and provide streams up to D1 resolution at full frame rate. H.264 provides reduced file size with minimal affect on quality. Power over Ethernet (PoE) provides power to the camera though the network cable, providing low-cost installation, whilst an SFP slot enables fibre connectivity for cost-effective cabling to the network over long distances.
Please note: this video encoder does not come with a power supply, please select a PoE midspan from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- 4 ports enable the migration of up to 4 analogue cameras into an IP video system, ideal for small CCTV installations
- Designed to withstand harsh conditions including shock, extreme temperatures and vibrations, suitable for demanding applications
- External microphone or line input, and line output enables the encoder to capture audio from the camera, enhancing usefulness of recorded video data
- On-board recording to SD card provides low-cost local storage which is ideal for small security systems
- PoE provides cost-effective and installer-friendly set-up, allowing power to be fed through the network cable
- Tampering alarm, audio and motion detection and Axis Camera Application Platform offer advanced event management capabilities for secure monitoring
- H.264 and Motion JPEG are both offered as compression formats to best suit the requirement
- Encoder can be cabled to the network over long distances cost-effectively through the SFP slot for fibre connection
Compatible recording platforms:
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
With 4 ports, PoE, SD card recording and rugged design, the Axis Q7424-R network video encoder provides an easy-to-install, robust solution to migrate up to 4 analogue CCTV cameras into an IP video system, ideal for tough environments such as airports, traffic monitoring and in factories.
- Installation guide
- CD with installation and management tools
- Software and user manual
- Windows decoder user license
Back To Top
- PoE midspan (please select from the above drop down menu if required)