This product is now discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis Q6075
Overview of the Axis Q6055
This indoor PTZ dome is capable of producing smooth HD 1080p video footage at full frame rate, complete with true day/night recording. Part of the advanced Axis Q60 series, the unit includes full pan/tilt functionality and a 32x optical zoom for detailed examination of the scene. In addition, the camera supports focus recall technology and is supplied with a High Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) midspan.
Using the camera’s 360° pan and variable pan/tilt movements, users are able to precisely navigate across a wide area - particularly helpful when closely monitoring a person or incident. Focus recall is a unique feature that provides instant focus in predefined areas and improves PTZ performance in challenging lighting conditions. It removes the need to manually focus or wait for autofocus to adjust and is useful in scenarios that require a lot of manual operation using a joystick. Imaging technologies such as wide dynamic range and noise reduction are also included to help deliver clear, high quality images.
Configurable motion detection alarms help alert users of activity in pre-defined areas and when combined with Axis’ Active Gatekeeper, will pan the camera to a preset position when motion is detected and then automatically track the object - ensuring all activity is captured. Basic Analytics are also included such as object counting and object removal to help enhance scene awareness and provide reliable security monitoring. An optional multi-connector cable can be connected to enable audio recording as well as two-way communication with those close to the camera. This multi-connector also supports the connection of external devices through I/O ports to enhance alarm signalling.
Axis' advanced Zipstream technology analyses and optimises the video stream in real time, recording interesting detail in high quality, whilst filtering other areas out to reduce bandwidth and storage use. With support for High PoE, the camera can receive power and network connectivity over a single cable, resulting in a cost-effective installation solution. Additionally, an SD card (not included) can be used for local alarm recording and also as a backup solution in the case of network failure.
Key features & benefits
- HD 1080p resolution at 25 fps delivers high quality IP CCTV monitoring
- Full PTZ functionality and variable speed pan/tilt movements provide responsive navigation
- True day/night recording provides 24 hour monitoring of indoor scenes
- 32x optical zoom enables detailed, close-up viewing of specific areas for event analysis and identification
- Focus recall improves PTZ performance and offers instant focus in predefined areas
- Wide Dynamic Range technology improves image quality in complex lighting conditions
- Low-light images have less noise and require less bandwidth with 3D noise reduction
- Intelligent video analytics, motion detection alarms and Axis’ Active Gatekeeper help to provide reliable security monitoring
- Optional multi-connector supports the connection of external devices to provide two-way audio and enhanced alarm signalling
- Reduced bandwidth levels with Axis’ award winning Zipstream technology
- High PoE supplies power to the camera through the network cable for cost-effective installation
- Built-in SD card storage provides a data back up in the event of network failure
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
The Axis Q6055 PTZ dome network camera is suitable for indoor installations that require wide areas to be monitored, 24 hours a day. Typical applications include manufacturing plants, large retail stores and train station terminals.
- Axis High PoE 60 W midspan 1-port
- RJ45 Push-pull Connector
- Installation Guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Optional (please select from the drop down menu above if required):
Back To Top
- SD card
- Multi-connector cable (5502-491)
- Mounting accessories