This product is discontinued, for alternative models please see ATEX-Rated IP Cameras
Overview of the Axis Q6055-S
This ultra-robust PTZ dome delivers high-quality HD 1080p video at full frame rate, or HD 720p at up to 50 frames per second – 24 hours a day. Part of the advanced Axis Q60 series, this outdoor-ready IP camera features a nitrogen pressurised, stainless-steel housing for protection in harsh environments such as marine or industrial settings. The unit also features edge storage, Zipstream technology and is supplied with the Axis T8607 media converter switch for long distance optical fibre connection.
Designed for use in the most demanding locations, the camera’s tough stainless-steel casing and clear nylon dome cover offer high resistance against chemicals and corrosion from sea salt, as well as being able to withstand high pressure chemical and steam cleaning. This military-rated housing can also be nitrogen pressurised to prevent internal condensation and create a non-flammable environment.
Variable pan/tilt movements (including a 360° pan), alongside a powerful 32x optical zoom allows users to precisely navigate across large outdoor locations and examine areas of interest in closer detail. In addition, imaging technologies such as wide dynamic range (WDR) are also supported to ensure the capture of details in high contrast scenes.
A range of video motion detection alarms can be configured to alert users of activity in pre-defined areas of the scene. These alarms can also be used in combination with Axis’ Active Gatekeeper so that if motion is detected, the camera will pan to a preset position and then auto track the object or individual. Basic analytics such as object counting and object removal are also included – helping to enhance scene awareness and provide reliable security surveillance.
An Axis T8607 media converter is supplied with the camera and features two I/O ports for the connection of external devices to help enhance alarm signalling. The media converter also allows the camera to be connected in a ‘daisy chain’ to the network using standard network or fibre optic cables – reducing costs when installing the camera over long distances.
Axis' Zipstream technology analyses and optimises the video stream in real time, recording interesting detail in high quality, whilst filtering other areas out to reduce bandwidth and storage use. In addition, integrated SD card storage (card not included) is included to provide a handy back-up of data in the case of network failure.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers HD 1080p resolution at full frame rate or HD 720p at up to 50 frames per second (fps)
- Full PTZ functionality and variable speed pan/tilt movements provide responsive navigation
- Round-the-clock monitoring is supported with removable IR-cut filter
- 32x optical zoom allows regions of interest to be investigated in real-time
- Stainless-steel, marine-grade casing meets tough military standards and can withstand the most demanding conditions
- Wide dynamic range allows details to be captured in complex light conditions
- Video analytics, motion detection alarms and Active Gatekeeper with auto tracking help provide reliable security monitoring
- Included media converter switch supports fibre connection across long distances and allows external devices to be connected for enhanced alarm signalling
- Reduced bandwidth levels with Axis’ award winning Zipstream technology
- On-board SD card storage (card not included) provides a handy backup of data if connection to the network is lost
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
The Axis Q6055-S stainless-steel PTZ dome is designed for use in demanding locations and provides advanced, 24-hour surveillance of large areas that feature high levels of activity. Typical applications include military bases, power stations and shipping docks.
- AXIS T8607 media converter switch
- 7 m (23 ft) IP66-rated multi-cable
- Installation Guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above if required):
Back To Top
- SD card
- Power supply
- Mounting accessories