This product is discontinued, for alternative models please see ATEX-Rated IP Cameras
Overview of the 0580-001 Axis Q6044-S
High-level Axis Q6044-S marine grade, nitrogen pressurised stainless steel outdoor network camera with shock detection, 'true' day/night, WDR, intelligent video motion detection, SD card recording, de-fog technology and dual codec. Suitable for use in extreme environments including oil and gas, mining, marine, military, medical and food.
Consisting of marine-grade stainless steel and a clear nylon dome cover, the Axis Q6044-S PTZ dome provides high resistance to corrosive chemicals and sea salt and can withstand high-pressure chemical cleaning. The durable camera casing is formulated to pressurised with nitrogen to prevent external contamination. This advanced feature provides protection against internal corrosion and produces a non-flammable unit. Able to operate in the temperature range of -30°C to 50°C with MIL-STD-810G 509.5, IP6K9K, IP66, IP67 and NEMA 4X ratings, the Axis Q6044-S provides advanced outdoor protection, suitable for use in extreme conditions subject to chemical and salt corrosion and also indoor use in clean rooms and medial applications.
Fast and precise pan-tilt-zoom with HD 720p and 360° endless panning enables the camera to effectively monitor large areas whilst powerful 30x optical zoom provides high quality image capture from long distances. 20° above horizon tilt enables the Q6044-S to capture images at a higher level than its mounting position for even wider area coverage. An automatic infrared-cut filter switches the camera to day or night mode with either full colour or monochrome capture for 24 hour high quality surveillance.
The Q6044-S network camera features electronic image stabilisation which prevents camera movement in high winds or from vibrations from blurring images, this is a particularly useful feature when using zoom. Automatic de-fog technology detects fog in a scene and digitally filters it out to provide clear video, making the camera ideal for surveillance of areas subject to smoky, hazy or foggy conditions. Wide dynamic range (WDR) enables the camera to adapt image capture to suit changing lighting conditions, capturing multiple exposures to ensure detail in very bright and very dark areas is visible.
Advanced intelligent video motion detection with Axis Active Gatekeeper provides effective and secure monitoring of an area, enabling automatic zoom when activity is detected in a certain area, then autotracking until it is out of view. Alarm triggers can alert the user of any activity via email and FTP upload.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply included, if required, please select a one from above.
Key features & benefits
- Marine grade, nitrogen pressurised stainless steel casing provides high resistance to corrosion and is able to withstand high pressure steam and jet wash and cleaning chemicals. The casing can also be filled with nitrogen gas to create a non-flammable internal environment and to prevent internal condensation
- IP67-rated and outdoor ready therefore suitable for extreme applications subject to jet spray, sea salt and chemicals
- 360° panning, 30x optical zoom and 20° above horizon tilt enables fast and secure surveillance of large areas
- True day/night capability provides round-the-clock high-level CCTV surveillance during low light such as in bad weather conditions and at night-time
- Intelligent video motion detection with Axis Active Gatekeeper ensures constant and accurate surveillance, alerting the user of any activity detected
- Electronic image stabilisation provides stable video footage when the camera is subject to wind or vibrations
- Wide dynamic range (WDR) captures detail in very bright and very dark areas in the same scene so detail is clearly visible
- H.264 compression reduces bandwidth demands, reducing file size whilst maintaining high quality
- SD card recording provides decentralised storage and can act as a data backup if the network fails
Compatible recording platforms:
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
- Network Video Recorders:
The Axis Q6044-S stainless steel network camera provides advanced, high-level surveillance suitable for use in potentially flammable or corrosive environments such gas plants, oil rigs, shipyards and military applications that require monitoring of large areas in detail. This de-fog feature makes this camera particularly useful for environments prone to fog, haze and smoke such as mines.
- Axis T8605 media converter switch
- IP66 rated multi-connector cable
- Installation guide
- Installation and management software CD
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Optional (please select from above drop down menu if required):
Back To Top
- SD card
- Axis T8008 PS12 power supply (5503-661)
- Axis Q604-S stainless steel sunshield (5504-671)
- Axis T91C61 wall mount
- Axis T91C67 pole mount
- Axis T94S01D pendant kit