This product is discontinued, for alternative models please see ATEX-Rated IP Cameras
Overview of the 0578-001 Axis Q6042-S
High performance Axis Q6042-S outdoor pressurised stainless steel, marine grade network camera with true day/night, intelligent video motion detection, WDR, shock detection, dual codec and SD card recording, suitable for use in marine, oil and gas, mining, military, food production and medical applications.
Made from marine grade stainless steel with a clear nylon dome cover, the Axis Q6042-S has high resistance against chemicals and sea water and can withstand high-pressure steam cleaning. The casing is designed to be filled with pressurised nitrogen, preventing external contaminants from entering the camera. This protects against internal corrosion and creates a non-flammable unit. The ability to operate in temperatures ranging from -30°C to 50°C and MIL-STD-810G 509.5, IP6K9K, IP66, IP67 and NEMA 4X ratings mean the Axis Q6042-S is suitable for outdoor use in extreme conditions, subject to salt and chemical corrosion and indoor use in medical, food and clean room applications.
Accurate and precise PTZ with extended D1 resolution (736x576) and 360° endless panning covers large areas effectively and a powerful 36x optical zoom provides high quality detail on regions of interest, maintaining the extended D1 resolution throughout, whilst a 12x digital zoom is available in addition to extend the cameras long distance reach. The 20° above horizon tilt function enables the camera to view higher than its mounting position for even greater area coverage. An infrared cut-filter automatically switches the camera to the correct capture mode for high quality surveillance 24/7.
Advanced video motion detection technologies with Axis Active Gatekeeper enable the Axis Q6042-S to provide secure and effective monitoring of the surroundings, zooming in when an object appears and following it using the autotracking feature until it can no longer be seen. The user can be alerted of any activity via email and FTP upload, and recording can be triggered.
Electronic image stabilisation prevents image blur from camera movement in high winds or from vibrations and is a useful feature delivering stable images, particularly when zooming in over longer distances. Wide dynamic range (WDR) enables the camera to cope with challenging lighting conditions, enhancing image capture in scenes with bright highlights and dark shadows.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply included, if required, please select a one from above.
Key features & benefits
- Marine grade, stainless steel pressurised casing has high resistance to corrosion and can withstand cleaning chemicals and high pressure steam and jet wash. It can also be filled with nitrogen to prevent internal condensation and create a non-flammable internal environment
- Outdoor ready IP67 rated so suitable for applications subject to heavy rain, jet spray and dust
- 360° endless panning, 20° above horizon tilt and 36x optical zoom provides fast and efficient monitoring of large areas
- True day/night functionality provides round-the-clock high quality surveillance, even in low light such as bad weather conditions
- Video motion detection with Axis Active Gatekeeper maintains accurate surveillance of an area, instantly alerting the user of activity detected
- Electronic image stabilisation delivers stable video footage during windy or in vibrating conditions
- Wide dynamic range (WDR) enables the camera to capture detailed images in a wide range of challenging lighting environments
- Industry standard H.264 compression enables users to efficiently manage bandwidth and storage use, whilst maintaining high image quality
- SD card recording
Compatible recording platforms:
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
- Network Video Recorders:
The Axis Q6042-S stainless steel network camera provides advanced, high performance surveillance suitable for use in extreme and potentially flammable or corrosive environments such oil rigs, gas plants, shipyards and military applications that require monitoring of large areas in detail.
- Axis T8605 media converter switch
- IP66 rated multi-connector cable
- Installation guide
- Installation and management software CD
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Optional (please select from above drop down menu if required):
Back To Top
- SD card
- Axis T8008 PS12 power supply (5503-661)
- Axis Q604-S stainless steel sunshield (5504-671)
- Axis T91C61 wall mount
- Axis T91C67 pole mount
- Axis T94S01D pendant kit