This product is discontinued, for alternative models please see Outdoor IP Cameras - PTZ
Overview of the 0561-001 Axis Q6042-C
Specialised Axis 6042-C outdoor network camera with autofocus, intelligent video with Axis Active Gatekeeper, ability to operate up to 75°C and included media converter switch
The Axis Q6042-C IP camera offers wide area coverage with a 57.2° wide viewing angle, 36x optical zoom and 20° above horizon tilt. Built-in active cooling and a military rated outdoor-ready casing enable the Q6042-C to work effectively outdoors even in extreme hot temperatures up to 75°. True day/night capability enables the camera to provide a 24.7 surveillance solution, with an IR cut-filter switching the camera to monochrome capture in low light.
Electronic image stabilisation eliminates shakiness from images captured when the camera is subject to movement such as high winds or vibrations, providing clearly visible scenes. Wide dynamic range (WDR) enhances contrast in images and prevents areas from becoming too dark or too bright; this optimises images and ensures detail is prominent.
Shock detection technology can detect if the camera has been subject to impact such as hitting and trigger an alarm to alert the user. This technology is useful for when cameras are installed in areas at risk of vandalism. The Axis Q6042-C also has intelligent video with Axis Active Gatekeeper that enables the camera to quickly and accurately move to a preset position if activity is detected; the object is then tracked until out of the camera's field of view. As well as alerting the user, this technology provides accurate video footage of the object and movements for secure monitoring.
H.264 and Motion JPEG compression are both supported by the Q6042-C, enabling the user to choose which method is most suitable for specific networks. On-board storage onto an SD card is simple and reliable, removing the need for transferring data over a network, reducing bandwidth usage.
This camera comes with a media converter switch included for power.
Key features & benefits
- 36x optical zoom and 20° above horizon tilt effectively covers a large area
- IP66 and MIL-STD-810G military standard outdoor ready casing protects against rain and dust
- Built-in active cooling enables the Q6042-C to operate in temperatures up to 75°
- A built-in infrared cut-filter provides true day/night capability for monochrome capture in low light
- Wide dynamic range (WDR) prevents light saturation so images are clear
- Image stabilisation eliminates shakiness form images captured during camera movement such as vibrations or strong winds
- Shock detection technology can alert the control room if the camera has been hit for accurate surveillance
- Intelligent video with Axis Active Gatekeeper can alert the user of activity identified via email whilst triggering recording to SD card for accurate, reliable monitoring
- Included media converter switch powers the camera and makes installation easy as multiple cameras can be connected via a 'daisy chain' method
- Dual codec gives the user compression method choice for flexible bandwidth usage
- SD card recording offers a data backup solution so if network problems are encountered then data remains uninterrupted
Compatible recording platforms:
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XP
- Network Video Recorders:
The Axis Q6042-C network camera is designed for outdoor use in extreme hot temperatures. Suitable applications include construction sites, open-fit mines and desert surveillance.
- Axis T8605 media converter switch with 2 x RJ45, 2 x SFP, 2 x I/O, power in
- Bracket mount DIN clip
- 5m IP66-rated multi-connector cable
- Installation guide
- Installation and management software CD
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Back To Top
- SD card (please select from the above drop down menu if required)
- Axis extended warranty
- Axis Camera Station recording software