This product is discontinued, for alternative models please see Axis IP Cameras
Overview of the Axis Q3617-VE
This dome network camera by Axis provides high quality, multi-megapixel resolution imaging of outdoor scenes – 24 hours a day. Designed for mission-critical surveillance scenarios, this unit includes a range of advanced imaging technologies to ensure clear capture at all times and a tough IP6K9K / IK10 rated housing for protection. Additional features include Axis Zipstream, local recording to MicroSD card and quick adjustment of the camera’s view with Axis’ remote PTRZ function.
Two viewing modes are available, providing the user with a choice of resolution and varifocal viewing angles. 6MP mode allows high resolution video to be streamed at up to 20 frames per second (fps) with wide viewing angles of up to 101°. Alternatively, 4MP mode streams 4 megapixel resolution at a faster frame rate of 25 fps with viewing angles of up to 90°.
Axis’ helpful remote pan/tilt/roll/zoom (PTRZ) feature allows fine adjustment of the camera lens to be carried out remotely. The desired view can be set during installation and then, further lens adjustments can be made away from site – without ever pausing recordings.
Support for wide dynamic range (WDR) – Forensic Capture helps to improve the quality of images captured in high contrast scenes. By lowering noise levels and increasing the image signal, the technology ensures all details are clearly visible in both bright and dark areas. Note, WDR is only available in 4MP mode and not in 6MP mode. Axis’ Lightfinder technology increases light sensitivity, enabling full colour imaging in extreme levels of low light. The camera can seamlessly transition between both technologies, ensuring clear image capture in all conditions. Axis Corridor Format is also supported and is a helpful feature that maximises area coverage in narrow scenes by vertically orientating the video stream.
A range of configurable video motion detection and tampering alarms are supported to help provide reliable and accurate security monitoring. Detection of activity can send an alert to the user via email notification while also triggering local recording onto the MicroSD card (not included) – helpful for the backup of data in the case of network disruption.
Axis’ Zipstream technology is supported and helps to lower bandwidth and storage levels by an average of up to 50%. By optimising the video stream in real-time, important details can be retained while unnecessary data is removed. PoE compatibility supplies the camera with both power and network connectivity over a single cable - enabling quick and cost-effective installation.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- Two viewing modes are available - allowing the user to select the best viewing mode to meet their requirements
- 6MP mode streams 6 megapixel resolution at up to 20 fps and offers a varifocal viewing angle of 101°–46°
- 4MP mode streams 4 megapixel resolution at 25 fps and offers a smaller varifocal viewing angle of 90°–41°
- Varifocal lens allows the desired viewing angle to be easily set during installation
- True day/night functionality with built-in IR-cut filter provides round-the-clock surveillance
- Tough IK6K9K and IK10 rated housing provides protection in harsh outdoor environments
- Remote pan/tilt/roll/zoom (PTRZ) feature is a helpful time saver when setting the view during installation
- WDR – Forensic Capture optimises the image and ensures all details are visible in high contrast scenes
- Improved performance in low light conditions with Axis Lightfinder technology
- Axis Corridor Format vertically orientates the video stream – allowing the field of view to be optimised for use in narrow scenes
- Video motion detection methods and tampering alarms increase dynamic scene awareness for reliable monitoring
- Axis’ Zipstream technology optimises the video stream in real-time, lowering bandwidth and storage levels by up to 50%
- Support for power and network connectivity through PoE enables simple and cost-effective installation
- Data can be stored locally to the MicroSD card and used as a backup if network connection is lost
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
- Morphean Cloud CCTV
The Axis Q3617-VE fixed dome network camera offers a high quality external IPCCTV solution. Its tough housing and support for 24-hour surveillance make it an ideal choice for the monitoring of large industrial premises, ports and construction sites.
- Axis Connector Guard A
- Safety hook wire
- Installation Guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Resistorx L-key
- Weather shield
- Mounting bracket
- Drill template
- Cable gasket
- Axis U-shape conduit adapter
Back To Top
- PoE midspan
- Mounting accessory