Overview of the Axis Q1951-E
- 384 x 288 resolution thermal imaging at 8.3 and 30fps
- Several lens options with up to 55° horizontal viewing angle
- A variety of pre-installed and supported analytics applications
- Two-way audio via external devices
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Size: Ø132 x 272 mm
This vandal-resistant thermal network camera is part of the advanced Axis Q19 series, offering thermal imaging in 384 x 288 resolution that can be scaled up to 768 x 576. The unit is ideal for applications such as perimeter surveillance when reliable detection is required - even in areas subject to complete darkness or obscured by smoke, haze, or fog. Additionally, features such as electronic image stabilisation (EIS), several integrated video analytics applications and optional lens sizes (please select from the dropdown) are included.
The camera is available with various fixed lens options that are all available in 8.3 frames per second (fps) and 30fps variations including 7mm, 13mm, 19mm and 35mm – allowing users to choose the lens and frame rate most suitable for their surveillance needs. Additionally, built-in EIS retains image clarity, even when the camera is subject to excessive movement.
Thermal imaging allows users to identify individuals and objects that give off heat in recordings taken in darkness or obscured by fog or smoke; this enables improved detection of potentially hazardous events such as overheating of machinery or intrusion of unauthorised personnel. A variety of other imaging features also come as standard on this camera, such as corridor format: a technology that allows the camera to rotate by 90° to capture narrow areas, limiting the redundant space captured. Furthermore, privacy masking ensures that areas not permitted to be recorded or not necessary for surveillance are concealed, increasing privacy for those in the surrounding area.
Equipped with an array of Axis analytics applications including Motion Guard, Fence Guard, Loitering Guard and Video Motion Detection; this unit provides comprehensive monitoring that alerts users to instances of trespassing, individuals lingering in an area and other potentially suspicious behaviour. These alarms can then trigger recording onto the camera’s MicroSD card (not included) – ensuring all activity is captured. The camera also offers support for Axis Perimeter Defender (sold separately) to enhance the unit’s edge-based intrusion detection and Axis’ camera application platform where users can download third-party applications to fit their requirements
This camera offers support for edge storage, providing a handy backup in case of network failure, whilst also allowing it to work as a standalone system (MicroSD card not included). The camera can also work in conjunction with high-performance video management software such as Axis Camera Station or Milestone XProtect these software products allow users to manage and edit footage as well as view live and recorded playback from their network cameras.
This durable camera is ideal for demanding outdoor conditions with IP66 weather resistance and IK10-rated and NEMA 4X tampering protection. Additionally, support for Power-over-Ethernet allows the unit to receive both power and network connectivity through one cable, resulting in more straightforward and cost-effective installation.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- Provides 24-hour thermal imaging at a resolution of 384 x 288, detecting objects in full darkness
- Casing is IP66/67 rated for weather protection and operates between -40 °C to 60°C
- IK10 and NEMA 4X impact resistance protects the camera from vandalism attempts
- A range of lens options are available for a variety of user requirements
- Axis Fence Guard, Motion Guard and Loitering Guard come pre-installed, and a number of other analytics applications are supported (including third-party options)
- Video motion detection methods enhance dynamic scene awareness and deliver reliable security monitoring
- Sharper images are captured as EIS reduces the effects of camera movement
- Support for two-way audio using external devices (not included) to enable verbal communication between users and those in the scene
- PoE efficiently provides both network and power connectivity over one cable, simplifying installation
- Edge storage provides a backup solution in the case of network connection failure and is also ideal in standalone setups
The Axis Q1951-E offers durable, 24-hour thermal imaging of outdoor areas requiring reliable detection even in challenging conditions. Typical applications include university campuses, warehouse loading bays and prisons.
- Choice of lens (please select from the dropdown menu)
- Wall and ceiling mount bracket
- Installation guide
- Axis Motion Detection 3
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
- Torx T20 screwdriver
- Terminal block connector
- PoE midspan
- SD card
- Lens options
- Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
- Export restrictions apply to certain countries
- Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.
Mounting options (select optional accessories from the dropdown menu)
Back To Top