This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis Q1951-E
Overview of the Axis Q1931-E
The Axis Q1931-E is an advanced outdoor network camera with thermal imaging in 384x288 resolution with high contrast and is an ideal surveillance solution for areas often in complete darkness or subject to smoke, haze, fog and dust. The IP66 rated casing of this camera enables it to be used effectively outdoors and protects the camera from rain and dust. A choice of lenses gives flexibility for different applications, available lenses are 7mm, 13mm, 35mm and 60mm (please select choice from the above drop down menu).
The Q1931-E offers reliable and accurate monitoring with intelligent video motion detection, cross line detection and audio detection which can all trigger alarms to alert the user of activity. Thermal cameras are heat sensitive and can detect intruders and/or vehicles at long range.
Two-way audio support enables the user to give verbal warnings or instructions through the camera when a microphone or speaker is connected (not included), providing a safe way to interact with intruders. This feature also enables the camera to record sound to complement video footage.
Dual codec provides flexibility with bandwidth and storage usage, with SD card recording offering a completely decentralised recording solution without the need for PCs or servers. Power over Ethernet (PoE) support enables the Q1931-E to be powered through the Ethernet cable to save on cabling costs and installation time.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply included; a PoE midspan can be selected from the above drop down menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Thermal imaging technology detects objects in total darkness and can create video footage from thermal radiation
- IP66 rated casing protects the camera from rain and dust and enables it to be used outdoors
- Less sensitivity to problems with light conditions and shadows means thermal cameras trigger less false alarms than conventional cameras in most applications
- Two-way audio enables verbal interaction when an optional microphone and speaker are added to the camera
- Intelligent video with motion, cross line and audio detection for secure monitoring in difficult conditions
- Dual codec offers compression method flexibility depending on network conditions
- PoE support makes installation easier and requires less maintenance than traditional cabling
- On-board storage allows data to remain smooth and uninterrupted by potential network problems
- Included wall and ceiling mount bracket
Compatible recording platforms:
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
The Q1931-E provides strong detection capabilities even in difficult conditions, making it suitable for high security applications such as military bases and casino surveillance. This camera is also ideal for surveillance in areas that are in total darkness or subject to challenging conditions such as haze, fog and smoke.
- Choice of lens
- Wall and ceiling mount bracket
- Installation guide
- Installation and management software CD
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
- Wall mount bracket
- 5m Ethernet cable
Back To Top
- Axis Camera Station
- PoE midspan
- SD card