This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis Q1951-E
Overview of the Axis Q1921
The Axis Q1921 is an IP thermal imaging camera designed for use as a round-the-clock security solution, as well as being an useful accompaniment to an existing installation. Unlike conventional cameras which rely on 'visible' light to provide an image, the Q1921 provides a thermal image. As well as being able to provide reliable detection in complete darkness, this also allows the camera to provide a usable image in difficult conditions such as fog, smoke and dust.
As well as this, advanced video analytics technology ensures that the camera records and/or alerts you to any untoward activity in its field of view. To further expand the camera's capabilities, external inputs allow you to add additional detection methods to create a tailored security solution.
The Q1921 is capable of providing multiple video feeds in both H.264 and Motion JPEG, enabling you to set different quality levels for recording and storage. If local recording is preferable, the camera is equipped with an SD card slot (card not supplied) that allows for on-board recording and storage.
The Q1921 is also a Power over Ethernet camera. This means that both network connectivity and a power supply can be provided to the camera through only one cable, simplifying installation and reducing wiring costs.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply. Please select if required.
An outdoor version is available.
Example footage from an Axis thermal camera (Q1910)
Key features & benefits of the Axis Q1921
- Thermal imaging is capable of detecting people and objects in complete darkness, through smoke, haze, dust, fog and more
- Advanced software processing and up to 30 frames per second ensures a smooth image is provided
- Motion, audio and anti-tampering video analytics provide intelligent automated response to events in the camera's field of view.
- External inputs/outputs enables you to create a bespoke security solution ideally suited to your particular requirements
- Multiple configurable streams in H.264 and Motion JPEG allow you to tailor different video stream settings for monitoring and recording
- On-board SD card slot provides a local recording solution (SD card not supplied)
- Power over Ethernet provides both a network connection and power to the camera through a single cable, simplifying installation
Typical applications of the Axis Q1921
The Axis Q1921 is ideal for installation in any area that requires round-the-clock surveillance where suitable illumination for a conventional IP camera is unsuitable or impractical, or as a complement to an existing installation
Included accessories for the Axis Q1921
- Connector kit
- Installation guide
- CD with user's manual
- Recording software
- Installation and management tools
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
Back To Top