Overview of the Axis Q1798-LE
Designed for large-scale surveillance, this bullet IP camera combines Axis' advanced security features with high-performance Canon lens technology to deliver reliable CCTV monitoring in 4K Ultra HD resolution. The unit's integrated infrared (IR) LEDs help to enhance night vision at a range of up to 100m, whilst a vandal-resistant and IP67-rated casing allows the camera to be safely deployed in exposed locations. Other features include a range of advanced imaging technologies for clear image capture in challenging light conditions, as well as support for Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+).
The Q1798-LE is equipped with a powerful, ultra-high light-sensitive 4/3" image sensor and can deliver 4k Ultra HD resolution at full frame rate or 10 megapixel video at up to 20 frames per second (fps). Additionally, the built-in Canon lens has a 12mm - 4mm focal length and offers varifocal viewing angles from 21°-90° - enabling optimum scene coverage to be set during installation.
The camera's built-in infrared LEDs can illuminate up to 50m in wide field of view or 100m in full tele view, and Axis' Optimised IR technology helps to ensure an evenly illuminated scene. A range of imaging technologies is also included to assist in the delivery of clear video in complex lighting conditions. Forensic WDR is supported, to ensure the capture of details in high-contrast scenes and Axis' advanced Lightfinder 2.0 imaging technology captures full-colour images even in ambient light extremes.
Configurable video motion detection and tampering alarms are supported to deliver reliable and accurate security monitoring. When triggered, these alarms can send alerts of activity to the user via notifications such as email. The integrated I/O ports allow external alarm sources to be connected - enhancing alarm signalling. In addition, there is also the ability to connect an external microphone through the audio I/O port, allowing activity occurring close to the camera to be recorded.
A range of handy features are included such as signed firmware and secure boot, which help to ensure the integrity and authenticity of the camera's firmware. Additionally, Axis' Zipstream technology, enhanced with support for H.264/H.265, recognises when there is no movement in the scene and lowers image quality - resulting in an overall reduction in bandwidth and storage requirements.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers smooth 4K Ultra HD resolution at full frame rate or detailed 10 megapixel video at up to 20 fps
- True day/night functionality with built-in IR-cut filter provides round-the-clock surveillance
- The Canon varifocal lens allows optimum scene coverage to be set during installation
- Vandal-resistant, IP67-rated housing protects exposed outdoor locations
- Pre-loaded with a range of advanced security functionalities to help increase the cyber defence
- Forensic WDR enables details in scenes with both bright and dark areas to be viewed clearly
- Axis' Lightfinder 2.0 technology can deliver full-colour images in extreme low-light conditions
- Axis Corridor Format optimises the field of view in narrow scenes – capturing only what is essential
- Video motion detection methods can be configured to alert users of possible incidents in real-time
- Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) technology offsets the effect of camera movement by ensuring video is clear and not blurred
- Audio I/O port supports the connection of an external microphone - allowing sound to be recorded
- Axis Fence Guard and Motion Guard are included to help increase overall scene awareness
- Axis’ Zipstream technology helps to reduce bandwidth and storage requirements
- MicroSD card (not included) provide edge storage space and handy data backup
- Support for Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+) reduces cabling to help simplify installation
Compatible recording platforms
The high-performance Axis Q1798-LE bullet IP camera is an ideal choice for organisations that require detail-packed monitoring of exposed outdoor areas - 24 hours a day. Typical applications include large locations such as amusement parks, train stations and transit terminals.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
- Connector kit
- Resistorx L-key
- RJ45 patch cable
- PoE+ midspan
- MicroSD card
Back To Top