Overview of the Axis Q1715
- Captures HD 1080p resolution at up to 60 frames per second
- Varifocal lens with views up to 76°
- HDMI and HD-SDI outputs for local monitor connection
- Lightweight design ideal for accessory housings
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: 66 x 80 x 195 mm
This premium camera by Axis features a lightweight block form factor, meaning it can be easily fitted into solution-specific housings or casings - providing a variety of surveillance options (accessories sold separately). Out of the box, this unit is well suited to use within busy indoor areas, offering HD 1080p resolution video capture at up to 60 frames per second (fps) and a 21x optical zoom - allowing 24-hour capture of important details within high-traffic environments. Furthermore, support for deep learning provides intuitive and nuanced object detection and analytics as well as the opportunity to download tailor-made applications for a customised surveillance solution. Additional features include Lightfinder 2.0, Forensic WDR and Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+).
This top-of-the-line unit features a varifocal lens that offers horizontal views between 76° - 3.6°, allowing optimum scene coverage to be set during installation. A 21x optical zoom also enables detailed scene investigation with the ability to zoom in on areas of interest, whilst integrated HDMI and HD-SDI ports allow local displays to be connected for the public live viewing of surveillance footage. In addition, support for two-way audio is available through the included I/O ports (speaker and microphone sold separately) enabling the recording of audio and communication within the camera’s vicinity.
To ensure optimum video quality in a variety of light conditions, advanced imaging technologies are included. Forensic WDR balances bright light and shadows in the scene to retain all details whilst ensuring that few motion artefacts are apparent in busy scenes. Full-colour images are produced, even in low light extremes, thanks to the innovative Lightfinder 2.0 technology. Additionally, Corridor format is also included and helps to maximise the area of interest in narrow scenes by vertically orientating the video stream – ideal for more confined spaces.
Support for deep learning allows this camera to utilise the array of integrated and downloadable Axis analytics applications. Object analytics and video motion detection are enhanced by the camera’s ability to analyse metadata on the edge and adapt to learning processes – resulting in lower bandwidth and more accurate detection with fewer false alerts. Moreover, through Axis’ Camera Application Platform, users can create and download custom analytics to personalise their surveillance to meet specific requirements.
Integrated SD card storage (card not included) provides a handy backup in case of network failure and allows the camera to function as a standalone unit in smaller installations. To provide free and easy-to-use video management, the Axis Companion application is available for PC or mobile devices. For more advanced video management, users can choose to use Axis Camera Station or Milestone XProtect to manage their footage and surveillance operations.
This compact and powerful unit comes with integrated installation aids including a levelling guide and pixel counter to support the deployment of the camera and ensure that the optimum viewing angle is set. The camera’s lightweight form makes it easier to install within external housings or solution-specific accessories, allowing it to be used outside or in more demanding conditions. PoE+ also provides high powered network and power connection over one cable for quick and cost-effective installation.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers smooth HD 1080p resolution video at up to 60 frames per second
- Varifocal lens offers views between 76° and 3.6° to allow optimum scene coverage to be set during installation
- Additional housing can be attached to the camera to increase its possible applications (not included)
- A 21x optical zoom allows users to closely monitor areas of interest
- Support for deep learning analytics provides more nuanced object detection and customised video analysis
- Local displays can be connected via HDMI and HD-SDI outputs to view live footage
- Audio I/O ports support two-way communication and allow sound to be recorded
- Forensic WDR ensures the capture of details in high-contrast scenes
- Lightfinder 2.0 provides full-colour night vision, retaining vital details, even in extreme low-light conditions
- Corridor format vertically orientates the video stream, allowing the field of view to be optimised for monitoring narrow areas
- Support for MicroSD card (not included) provides edge storage space and handy data backup
- PoE+ supplies the camera with both power and network connectivity through one cable - simplifying installation
This advanced, lightweight, and feature-packed camera is ideal for busy indoor environments that require round-the-clock surveillance and in-depth scene awareness. However, when installed within externally rated housings, this unit can be used outdoors. Typical applications include ferry terminals, airports and train station terminals.
- Installation Guide
- User manual
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
- Connector kit
- Resistorx T20 tool
Back To Top
- Wall mounting - accessories included
- Ceiling mounting - accessories included
- Pole mounting - Axis T91B47
- Parapet mounting - Axis T99A12