Overview of the Axis Q1656
- 4MP resolution at up to 50 frames per second
- i-CS varifocal lens with views of 120° - 47°
- Features new ARTPEC-8 chipset with deep learning capabilities
- Built-in cybersecurity features
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: 214 x 80 x 68 mm
Part of the powerful Q-series by Axis, this indoor network camera provides smooth 4MP resolution video at up to 50 frames per second (fps) making it ideal to capture clear footage in areas with high levels of traffic. The introduction of Axis’ new in-house designed ARTPEC-8 system-on-chip (SoC) allows for enhanced object analytics that take advantage of the camera's built-in deep learning processing unit (DLPU) and ensures footage and data are safe with integrated cybersecurity features. Additionally, this model also includes support for two-way audio, Power-over-Ethernet and redundant DC power.
With its varifocal lens, this camera can capture horizontal views of 120° - 47° in high definition at up to 50fps, delivering fully detailed surveillance of busy areas. Being part of the advanced Axis Q range means that this camera is packed with the most advanced features and delivers a high standard of monitoring with features such as the intelligent CS-mount lens pioneered by Axis. This i-CS lens enables the camera to gather information about the position of its zoom, focus and iris opening to identify the type of lens mounted on it as well as simplify installation using integrated motors. Furthermore, this unit includes a built-in microphone and I/O connections to support two-way audio capabilities - allowing users to communicate with those close to the camera and record audio clips on an event basis.
To enhance video footage quality, this camera is integrated with a variety of advanced imaging technologies. Lightfinder 2.0 provides full-colour video in extreme low-light conditions, whilst Forensic WDR ensures that details are clearly visible in both bright and dark areas of high-contrast scenes by lowering noise levels and increasing image signal. In addition, the unit also features corridor mode, a technology that helps to maximise the area of interest in narrow scenes by vertically orientating the video stream.
Axis’ latest SoC, ARTPEC-8, enables this camera to analyse data on board, reducing information lost in compression or transmission, resulting in more reliable data. The built-in DLPU allows more accurate real-time detection and classification through Axis Object Analytics, providing greater scene awareness and more accurate analysis of the surveillance area. Additionally, this camera benefits from access to Axis’ Camera Application platform, from which users can download a variety of Axis and approved third-party analytics applications.
On-board storage provides a backup if the network fails, recording files onto a MicroSD card (not included). Users can edit, review and analyse their video via advanced video management software such as Axis Camera Station or Milestone XProtect.
This unit comes with a wall mount included, providing a simple way to install the camera which is also assisted by the camera’s built-in installation aids such as remote zoom and focus and levelling assistant. To simplify installation further, both power and network connectivity is supplied via one cable thanks to PoE support, which is backed up by a redundant DC power supply that allows the camera to function, even if the primary power supply has failed. Advanced cybersecurity features such as Axis Edge Vault, signed firmware, secure boot and FIPS-certified TPM protect the camera from unauthorised access and assure users that their data is safe.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers 4MP resolution video at up to 50fps for detailed monitoring of busy areas
- Varifocal lens provides up to 120° horizontal field of view
- i-CS mount lens intelligently assesses zoom, focus and iris opening to deliver optimum scene coverage during installation
- ARTPEC-8 SoC and DLPU enable advanced analytics and increased security
- Built-in microphone allows the recording of audio near to the camera
- Power and network connectivity are both supplied by one cable with PoE
- Redundant DC power supply provides a backup power source in case of failure
- Lightfinder 2.0 delivers full-colour footage in low-light conditions
- Forensic WDR enables the capture of detailed video in high-contrast conditions
- Corridor view vertically orientates the video stream, allowing the field of view to be optimised for monitoring narrow areas
- Axis Camera Application Platform gives access to a variety of analytics applications to be integrated into a system
- MicroSD card (not included) provides edge storage space and handy data backup
- Included wall mount reduces the need to purchase extra mounting accessories
- Installation aids simplify set-up, saving valuable time in the process
With its high frame rate capabilities and innovative analytics, this camera is ideal for indoor areas of considerable activity that require smooth video recording and accurate scene awareness. Typical applications include hotel lobbies, shopping centres and schools.
- Connector kit
- ResiTorx20 tool
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Back To Top
- Wall mounting - accessories included
- Ceiling mounting - accessories included
- Pole mounting - Axis T91B47