This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis P1375
Overview of the Axis Q1604
The Axis Q1604 is an IP camera designed for use in areas with demanding light conditions. The camera's wide dynamic range allows it to capture detail in locations where conventional cameras would struggle, such as capturing detail of people and objects with strong light sources behind them, capturing events or details that other cameras would miss.
The camera can also capture events in low-light environments, featuring a switchable infrared-cut filter for supreme low-light sensitivity, even capturing events in complete darkness when used with infrared lighting. Video is captured with 1-megapixel resolution, ensuring footage is sharp and clear for easy identification.
Cost-effective recording is available, either directly to SD memory card (not included) or to network-attached storage devices, so no expensive recording servers are required. Installation is also very straight-forward since the camera features automatic back focus to accurately set the focus at the touch of a button, as well as Power over Ethernet support for easy power/data wiring.
Please note: This camera does not come with a power supply. Should you require a Power over Ethernet midspan please add one using the options above.
The Axis Q1604 is compatible with Axis' free Camera Companion software, allowing edge-recording onto SD cards to help save on external storage devices. View, playback and export HDTV-quality video from up to 16 cameras on your network onto local PCs, or using downloadable apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices to help take your surveillance on the move.
Key features & benefits of the Axis Q1604
- Capture detailed footage of objects in light conditions where conventional cameras would fail using the camera's wide dynamic range
- 1MP resolution ensures that video captured by the cameras is crisp and clear
- Cost-effective and flexible recording stores video to SD memory cards or to local networked hard drives
- Day/night switching allows the camera to capture video in low light, even in complete darkness when combined with infrared lighting
- 2-Way audio lets users challenge intruders remotely or speak interactively with people around the camera
- The built-in microphone captures audio footage without the need to add additional hardware
- Remote back focus system quickly and easily sets the optimum focus level through the web interface
Typical applications of the Axis Q1604
The camera is ideal for many locations with demanding light conditions, including strong backlight and high-contrast light conditions, such as receptions, store entrances, greenhouses/conservatories, or any area with variable light conditions.
Accessories for the Axis Q1604
Back To Top
- Connector kit
- Installation guide
- CD with installation tools, recording software and user manual
- Single-user Windows decoder license