This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis P3265-LVE
Overview of the Axis P3224-VE Mk II
This compact dome IP camera delivers high quality HD 720p resolution video at up to 50 frames per second (fps) – 24 hours a day. Part of the popular P32 series by Axis, the unit’s IP66 and IK10-rated housing offers robust protection in exposed locations. Axis’ Lightfinder and wide dynamic range (WDR) - Forensic Capture technologies are also supported for clear image capture in challenging lighting conditions, and the unit can be easily installed via Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
The camera's varifocal lens enables the optimum viewing angle to be set during installation and offers wide horizontal views of up to 90°. Using multi-streaming, specific regions in the field of view can be cropped and streamed separately for live viewing or recording – particularly helpful when closely monitoring areas of interest.
WDR – Forensic Capture improves the quality of images captured in high contrast scenes by lowering noise levels and increasing the image signal, whilst Axis Lightfinder provides full colour viewing in extreme low-light conditions. Axis Corridor Format is also supported and allows the monitoring of narrow scenes to be optimised by rotating the sensor 90° - preventing the recording of redundant areas.
The Axis Companion application offers a simple video management solution for up to 16 IP cameras. This free software allows users to record and playback video footage from the camera’s SD card (not included) for affordable and easy-to-use CCTV monitoring. Axis Companion software is available as a PC client and mobile application.
Configurable video motion detection and tampering alarms help to alert users of possible activity via a range of notifications including email. Using the Axis Companion mobile app, users can also set these motion detection alarms to trigger recording to the on-board MicroSD card (not included).
PoE reduces cabling by delivering both power and network connectivity via a single cable and the remote zoom and focus feature simplifies installation by eliminating the need for fine-tuning at the camera. Axis' Zipstream technology is included to help lower bandwidth and storage requirements. It does this by analysing and optimising the video stream in real time, recording interesting detail in high quality, whilst filtering other areas out.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select a PoE midspan from the above drop down menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of delivering HD 720p resolution at full frame rate (WDR on) or at up to 50 fps (WDR off)
- Vandal resistant IK10 rated housing is also IP66 weatherproof rated for outdoor use in exposed locations
- Day/night functionality with automatic IR cut filter provides round-the-clock monitoring
- Varifocal lens allows the desired angle of view to be set during installation for optimum scene coverage
- Wide Dynamic Range – Forensic Capture improves the visibility of details in scenes with both bright and dark areas
- Axis Lightfinder maximises the use of the camera’s highly sensitive image sensor for full colour video capture in near darkness
- Narrow scenes are monitored effectively using Axis Corridor Format that vertically orientates the video stream
- Axis Companion application provides free and simple video management for up to 16 IP cameras
- Camera-based video motion detection alarms can be configured for reliable CCTV monitoring
- Edge storage provides a back up solution if the network fails and is ideal in standalone set ups
- PoE support enables both power and data to be transmitted through the same cable, reducing the cost of installation
- Axis’ Zipstream technology optimises the video stream in real-time, lowering bandwidth and storage levels by up to 50%
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
- Axis Companion application (free)
The Axis P3224-VE Mk II dome provides high quality, 24-hour surveillance of indoor or outdoor areas that can be subject to vandalism. Typical applications include university campuses, car parks and loading bays.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Mounting bracket
- Cable gasket
- Resistorx T20 L-key
- Drill hole template
- Connector guard
- Weather shield
Optional (please select from the above drop down menu):
Back To Top