This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis P1375
Overview of 0525-001 Axis P1355
The Axis P1355 IP camera offers HD 1080p capability and wide dynamic range, making it a high-end surveillance solution for use inside banks, schools, airports or large stores. H.624 and Motion JEPG compression allow reduced use of bandwidth alongside digital PTZ which allows for certain areas on screen to be cropped and focused on. Multi-view streaming allows several of these cropped areas to be observed at the same time with the ability to configure each one individually, further lessening storage and bandwidth needs.
P-Iris technology enables the iris position to be precisely and automatically adjusted to optimise field depth and therefore producing the clearest images. Day/night functionality in the P1355 is made possible by an infrared cut filter that produces night time images in black and white to provide clear detail in hours of darkness. The Axis P1355 is IR sensitive therefore can be used with additional infrared lighting; forming a surveillance system which is fully functional every hour of the day.
Installation of the P1355 network camera is made easier with remote back focus, its pixel counter feature and PoE. Power over Ethernet lessens the costs involved in installation as it makes the process quicker and eliminates the need for a second cable.
The Axis P1355 camera also has a serial port for communication with auxiliary equipment such as a pan/tilt head; this allows the camera's viewing direction to be altered remotely. The Axis P1355 supports edge recording with the option of local storage via a MicroSD/MicroSDHC/MicroSDXC slot.
An outdoor-ready version of the Axis P1355 is available.
Key Features & Benefits
- HD 1080p resolution delivers optimum clarity and image quality
- P-Iris lens and technology optimisation allow for the best possible image to be captured and recorded
- Pixel counter assists installer in verifying pixel resolution of an object is as required, or to adhere to related regulations
- Remote back focus allows for the focus to be adjusted remotely via computer, after initial manual focus has been made
- PoE decreases costs and time taken for installation
- Built in microphone allows for two way audio and audio detection
- SD optional storage allows for bandwidth usage to be reduced further, alongside H.264 and Motion JPEG compression and digital PTZ with multi-view streaming of cropped images
- Intelligent capabilities identify tampering attempts via enhanced audio and video motion detection
- P1355 camera comes with free Axis Camera Companion software (free download)
As the Axis P1355 supports multi-view streaming and digital PTZ, it would be beneficial for surveillance where a large area of coverage is required; several areas can then be cropped and viewed simultaneously or as entirely separate views. Typical situations include warehouses and public buildings where a large area needs to be covered but a few selected areas may need to be focused on.
Compatible Recording Platforms
- Milestone XProtect
- Axis Camera Station
- QNAP NVRs
- Free Axis Camera Companion software and a 1 user licence for Axis Station One software (free download)
- Connector Kit
- Installation Guide
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
- Installation and Management software CD
Back To Top
- Axis T8120 Midspan 15 W 1-port
- Axis T8123 High PoE 30 W Midspan 1-port
- Axis T90A Illuminators
- Axis T8414 Installation Display
- Axis Camera Station and video management software