Overview of the Axis P1290-E
Part of the Axis P12 series, this modular IP camera consists of a main unit and a separate, outdoor-ready thermal sensor module to provide reliable and accurate detection - in any lighting condition. The advanced unit is ideal for use in sensitive CCTV applications that require personal details to remain unidentifiable. Additional features include edge storage, Axis' Zipstream technology and easy installation using Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
The compact sensor unit is capable of delivering thermal imaging in 208x156 resolution (that can be scaled up to 640x480) at up to 8.3 frames per second (fps). For flexible installation options, the sensor module can be easily mounted up to 12m away from the main unit using the detachable cable. It can then be manually tilted up to 120° to achieve the desired viewing angle.
Axis Corridor Format is a helpful feature when using the Axis P1290-E in narrow areas such as door entries and stairways. The technology helps to maximise the area of interest by vertically orientating the video stream - capturing only what is essential.
A range of configurable video motion detection alarms can be set to trigger recording to the onboard MicroSD card (not included) and also send email notifications - alerting users to activity within the scene. Thermal imaging cameras are less sensitive to challenging light conditions and shadows. This enables them to achieve higher accuracy with fewer false alarms when compared to non-thermal IP cameras.
With PoE support, power and network connectivity are supplied to the camera through one cable for cost-effective installation. Recordings can be written directly to the on-board MicroSD card (not included) for a handy backup if network connection is suddenly lost. Additionally, the camera’s use of Zipstream technology helps to reduce bandwidth levels by analysing and optimising the video stream in real time.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- Modular network camera consists of a main unit and compact, dome sensor module for non-invasive surveillance
- Thermal IP camera ensures reliable security monitoring and a reduced rate of false alarms
- Delivers thermal imaging in 208x156 resolution (can be scaled up to 640 x 480) and at up to 8.3 fps
- 4mm thermal sensor offers a 35.4° horizontal angle of view
- Tilt angle of up to 120° allows adjustment of the desired viewing angle
- IP67-rated housing for durable outdoor use in harsh weather conditions
- Included cable allows the main unit and sensor to be separated by a distance of up to 12m
- Enhanced security monitoring with a range of configurable video motion detection alarms
- Axis Corridor Format vertically orientates the video stream to maximise the area of interest in a scene
- Axis' Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth by analysing and optimising the video footage in real-time
- On-board MicroSD card (not included) allows recordings to be stored locally and used as a backup if the network fails
- Support for PoE reduces cabling by delivering both power and network connectivity via a single cable
- H.264 and MJPEG compression standards are both supported, providing flexibility depending on requirements
Compatible recording platforms
The Axis P1290 modular thermal IP camera delivers advanced detection in sensitive areas, without compromising people's integrity. Users can mount the main unit up to 12m away from the sensor module for flexible installation options in areas such as schools, care homes and residential locations.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- AVHS Authentication key
- Rotation tool
- Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
- Export restrictions apply to certain countries
- Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.
Back To Top