Overview of the Axis P1280-E
This modular network camera consists of a main unit and a separate, outdoor-ready thermal sensor module to provide unobtrusive and accurate detection - at any time of the day or night. Part of the Axis P12 series, the advanced unit is ideal for use in sensitive locations that require reliable detection (without revealing personal details) and can be easily installed via Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
The modular camera’s thumb-sized sensor delivers thermal imaging in 208x156 resolution at up to 8.3 frames per second (fps). The sensor can also be easily mounted onto a wall or ceiling using the included bracket, and then manually tilted to achieve the desired viewing direction. For flexible installation options, alternative mounting accessories are available (not included) and the IP67-rated sensor can be placed up to 12m away from the indoor main unit using a detachable cable.
Axis Corridor Format technology is included to help maximise the area of interest in narrow scenes by vertically orientating the video stream. This helps to reduce bandwidth and prevent redundant areas from being recorded.
Users can be alerted by notifications such as email when motion is detected by the camera thanks to its configurable video motion detection alarms. In addition, thermal imaging cameras are less sensitive to shadows and challenging light conditions. This allows them to achieve high accuracy with a reduced possibility of false alarms when compared to non-thermal network cameras.
Helpful PoE support supplies the camera with both power and network connection over a single cable to enable quick and cost-effective installation. Additionally, Axis’ award-winning Zipstream is included to help lower bandwidth and storage levels by an average of up to 50%. This advanced technology optimises the video stream in real-time, allowing important details to be retained while unnecessary data is removed.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- Modular IP camera consists of an indoor main unit and an IP67-rated, thumb-sized thermal sensor module
- Thermal IP cameras provide reliable security surveillance and reduce the occurrence of false alarms
- Delivers thermal imaging in 208 x 156 resolution that can be scaled up to 640 x 480 resolution
- Choice of 2.2mm or 4mm thermal sensor offers either 63° or 35.4° horizontal angle of view
- Detachable cable enables the main unit and sensor to be separated by a distance of up to 12m
- Included mount allows for installation onto walls or ceilings and enables users to easily set the desired viewing direction
- Axis Corridor Format vertically orientates the video stream, allowing the field of view to be optimised for monitoring narrow areas
- Enhanced security monitoring with a range of configurable video motion detection alarms
- Axis' Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth by analysing and optimising the video stream in real-time
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board MicroSD card (not included) and used as a backup if the network fails
- Support for PoE reduces cabling by delivering both power and network connectivity via a single cable
Compatible recording platforms
The Axis P1280-E modular thermal IP camera delivers advanced detection in sensitive areas that require details of a person in the scene to remain unidentifiable. With flexible installation options, users can place the main unit up to 12m away from the outdoor-ready sensor module. Typical applications include care homes, schools and authorised user entranceways.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
- AVHS authentication key
- Axis F8201 vari-angle mounting bracket
- Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
- Export restrictions apply to certain countries
- Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.
Back To Top
- Wall mounting - accessories included
- Ceiling mounting - accessories included
- Multiple mounting - Axis TF1902-RE