This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Mini IP Cameras (Modular)
Overview of the Axis P1254
This modular network camera consists of the Axis P12 Mk II main unit and a separate mini-bullet sensor unit to provide unobtrusive, HD monitoring of indoor areas. Additional features include built-in SD card storage, Axis’ Zipstream technology and support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
The palm-sized sensor unit delivers high quality HD 720p resolution at up to 25 frames per second (fps) alongside wide horizontal views of up to 102°. It can be easily mounted on walls or ceilings using the attached base plate, then manually rotated and tilted to provide the desired viewing direction. For flexible installation options, the main unit can also be placed up to 8m away from the sensor using the detachable cable.
Images captured in high contrast scenes are improved with wide dynamic range (WDR) technology. By ensuring details in both bright and dark areas are not lost, objects and individuals can be more easily identified. Also, support for Axis Corridor Format allows viewing in narrow scenes to be optimised by simply rotating the sensor 90° - preventing redundant areas from being recorded.
Axis Companion software is supported and provides an easy to use video management solution for up to 16 IP cameras – free of charge. The software allows users to record and playback video footage from the camera’s SD card (not included) for an affordable, remote monitoring solution. Axis Companion is available as a PC client and mobile application.
Configurable video motion detection and tampering alarms can trigger recording to the SD card whilst alerting users of activity via a range of notifications including email. The user can also receive these alerts directly to their mobile device using the Axis Companion mobile app.
Axis Zipstream technology analyses and optimises the video stream in real time, recording important details in high quality, whilst filtering out other areas to help reduce bandwidth and storage use. Helpful PoE support supplies the camera with both power and network connection over a single cable to enable quick and cost-effective installation. Recordings can be written to the on-board MicroSD card and allows the camera to be used as a standalone unit.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Modular IP camera consists of the Axis P12 Mk II unit and mini-bullet sensor unit
- Smooth, high-quality video footage in HD 720p resolution at 25 frames per second
- Wide area coverage with horizontal views up to 102°
- Manual adjustments to the mini-bullet sensor module help to easily set the desired viewing direction
- Detachable cable enables the main unit and sensor to be separated by a distance of up to 8m
- Wide dynamic range allows details to be captured in complex light conditions
- Axis Corridor Format optimises viewing in narrow scenes and maximises the area of interest
- Axis Companion offers a simple video management solution for up to 16 IP cameras – free of charge
- Enhanced security monitoring with a range of video motion detection and tampering alarms
- Reduced bandwidth levels with Axis’ award winning Zipstream technology
- Built-in SD card storage allows the camera to be used as a standalone unit
- PoE supplies power to the camera through the network cable for cost-effective installation
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
- Axis Companion application (free)
- Morphean Cloud CCTV
- CamStreamer Cloud
The Axis P1254 modular IP camera delivers high quality HD 720p resolution and provides a non-invasive surveillance solution with flexible installation options. Typical applications include small retail stores, waiting areas and cash handling areas such as cashier registers.
Back To Top
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- AVHS Authentication key
- Base plate