Overview of the Axis FA1080 thermal sensor unit
- Delivers 208 x 156 resolution thermal imaging at up to 8.3 fps
- 4mm thermal sensor with a horizontal viewing angle of 35.4°
- Designed for use with Axis FA54 main unit
- Outdoor-ready, IP66-rated sensor
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Size: ø30 x 62 mm
Designed for use with the Axis FA54 main unit, this compact thermal sensor is capable of delivering 208x156 resolution thermal imaging in outdoor scenes at up to 8.3 frames per second (fps). Part of the FA modular range, this powerful sensor module is particularly suitable for use in locations that require reliable detection - even in pitch dark; and can be used alongside up to three other FA series sensors connected to the FA54 main unit for a comprehensive multi-channel setup.
When connected to the Axis FA54 main unit, this outdoor-ready 4mm thermal sensor offers a horizontal viewing angle of 35.4°. It is also capable of delivering reliable thermal imaging in 208 x 156 resolution at up to 8.3 frames per second. In addition, the compact thumb-sized sensor measures only 30mm in diameter - enabling unobtrusive installation in tight spaces.
Offering an affordable thermal imaging solution, this sensor enables high-level detection of objects - even in darkness, smoke or fog. Thermal imaging cameras are also less sensitive to shadows and challenging light conditions and when compared to non-thermal network cameras, they achieve higher levels of accuracy with a reduced possibility of false alarms. Users can then combine this thermal imaging for reliable intruder detection, alongside an additional optical FA sensor connected to the modular main unit to distinguish colours and details, providing a 'best of both worlds' surveillance approach.
Used in conjunction with the Axis FA54 main unit, the sensor supports ACAP, which enables the use of powerful analytics such as AXIS Guard Suite. The main unit’s four configurable I/O ports also enable the connection of external devices that can handle alarm events and notify users of activity.
Sophisticated video management is possible when this unit is connected to the Axis FA54 main unit through integration with high-performance video management software applications such as Axis Camera Station and Milestone XProtect.
The advanced sensor can be easily mounted onto a wall or ceiling using the included vari-angle mounting bracket, then manually tilted to achieve the desired viewing direction – enabling unobtrusive installation in tight spaces. In addition, users can place the sensor module up to 12m away from the indoor main unit using a detachable cable for flexible installation options.
Please note: this sensor unit is designed for use with the FA54 main units and is not a standalone network camera.
Key features & benefits
- Designed for use with the Axis FA54 main unit to deliver non-invasive thermal imaging in outdoor areas
- Delivers 208 x 156 resolution thermal imaging at up to 8.3 frames per second
- 4mm thermal sensor offers a 35.4° horizontal field of view
- Thermal technology for reduced false alarm rate
- Support for ACAP enables the use of powerful analytics in conjunction with the Axis FA54 main unit
- Multi-channel setup supported – enabling a more flexible, tailored approach
- Included 12m cable and vari-angle mounting bracket for flexible, unobtrusive installation
This outdoor-ready thermal sensor unit delivers high-quality detection in sensitive areas – without compromising individuals’ integrity. Typical applications include care homes, school grounds and outside of licensed premises.
Back To Top
- Installation Guide
- AXIS F8201 Vari-angle Mounting Bracket