This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis D2110-VE.
Overview of the Axis D2050-VE
Please call for technical advice prior to purchase
This outdoor-ready network radar detector from Axis provides reliable breach protection of a premises, delivering accurate incident notifications in all weather conditions – 24 hours a day. An ideal complement to your surveillance system, the advanced unit is compatible with a range of professional video management software (VMS) and can be configured to trigger a host of actions – enhancing security operations.
With a longer range than most passive infrared sensors, the high-performance unit offers a 120° horizontal detection coverage and a range of up to 50m. It delivers the exact position, angle of movement, size and speed of a moving object, and users are also able to filter detections on distance – ensuring high levels of dynamic scene awareness at all times. Designed to solely detect movement round-the-clock, the detector is not sensitive to interfering movements that can often trigger false alarms - such as moving shadows, light beams, small animals or bad weather conditions.
The versatile unit can be used as a standalone product or as part of an existing video surveillance system. Based on an open platform, this network radar detector is compatible with a range of professional video management software such as Axis Camera Station and Milestone XProtect (Plugin required). The detector can be integrated into an existing system’s VMS to complement fixed IP cameras with video motion detection and trigger actions such as camera-based edge recording, activation of a horn speaker or the switch on of a light for deterrence. Customisable detection zones are available and users can also download the Axis Radar Autotracking for PTZ application. This handy software allows the detector to send the coordinates of a detected person or object to a connected PTZ unit in the system - triggering the camera to automatically zoom in on and track the object around the scene.
With support for PoE, this unit is able to receive power and network connectivity over one cable for cost-effective installation. Users can also choose to mount the detector onto a flat wall or, alternatively, onto a corner or pole using the additional mounting brackets (please select from the dropdown menu above).
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the above dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Advanced network radar detector provides reliable breach protection in all weather conditions – 24 hours a day
- Robust, IP66 and IK08-rated housing allows for safe deployment in outdoor locations
- Offers wide area coverage with 120° horizontal beam and up to a 50m range
- Not sensitive to ‘interference’ objects such as shadows or small animals - resulting in reliable detection with less chance of false alarms
- Open interface allows straightforward integration with Axis Camera Station and other professional VMS suites
- Complements fixed IP cameras with video motion detection and can trigger actions such as edge recording - enhancing security monitoring
- Axis Radar Autotracking for PTZ software can be downloaded to track moving objects with connected PTZ cameras
- PoE supplies power and network connection over one cable for quick and cost-effective deployment
- Flexible mounting options with optional pole and corner mount adapters (not included)
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
The Axis D2050-E is a professional, network radar detector that can be used as a standalone product or integrated into an existing video surveillance system to provide reliable breach protection of a premises. The outdoor-ready unit is designed for medium to large-sized industrial installations such as shipping docks, power stations and large manufacturing depots.
- Installation guide
- Connector kit
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above):
Back To Top
- PoE midspan
- Mounting options