Overview of the Axis Camera Station S1216 Recorder
- Supports 16 camera channels up to 4MP
- Available with 8TB storage
- 16 Axis Camera Station licences are included
- Ongoing support
- Axis 5-year warranty
Designed to easily fit into a small to mid-sized monitoring setup, the S1216 tower recorder requires no additional mounting bracketry and simply fits upon a desktop. With support for 16 Axis cameras up to 4MP (separately expandable up to 32 cameras), this network video recorder (NVR) features 8TB storage with a slot for an additional hard drive included for an easily scalable solution. Furthermore, this reliable recorder also comes with built-in cybersecurity features such as Axis Edge Vault to automatically and securely authorise new connected devices to keep your recorder safe from cyberattacks and harmful code. Secure boot is also included to block unauthenticated or tampered code from entering the system upon start-up.
Fitted with an Intel Core processor and a Solid State Drive (SSD), the S1216 is able to process data efficiently, start up quickly and features greater failure prevention. This NVR can be used as a standalone recording and management system with three display ports for external monitors and 10 USB ports for peripherals – saving equipment costs as all management can be done on a single device. Additionally, the recorder also features support for RAID redundancy (requires additional accessories), offering increased uptime and preserving data in the event of disk failure.
There is no need to purchase and install additional management software onto this NVR as it is preloaded with Axis Camera Station (ACS) and 16 camera licences, saving time when configuring hardware. The recorder’s USB ports also allow the export of video data to an external device, making it easier to share information or store it on a USB-compatible device.
Motion and tampering alarms can be set and managed via Axis Camera Station for each connected camera, enabling notifications to be sent via email when movement or impact is detected. Support for Axis Site Map gives a complete overview of the entire surveillance system and integrated pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) controls make it easier to navigate across every camera channel and closely inspect important details.
Installing this recorder is straightforward with a dedicated installation wizard to assist in setup. Ongoing support is also available via both Axis and NW to ensure your recorder is always working reliably.
Key features & benefits
- Desktop tower NVR, ideal for small to medium applications
- Includes 16 ACS camera licences for cameras up to 4MP (with the option to expand this)
- Fitted with 8TB storage and has space for one additional hard drive for an easily scalable system
- Built-in cybersecurity features keep the recorder safe from unauthorised access and cyberattacks
- Intel Core processor and solid-state drive ensure fast processing, quick startup and greater failure prevention
- This recorder can be used as a standalone system with its three display ports and ten USB ports
- Support for RAID redundancy reduces downtime in the event of disk failure
- Easily export and share footage via USB
- Motion and tampering alarms can be set and controlled for each camera via Axis Camera Station
- Site map and PTZ controls allow full navigation of all surveillance areas
- No mounting required, simply sits on a desktop
- Axis Recorder Toolbox installation wizard simplify installation and configuration
- Ongoing support is available from both Axis and NW
Providing a secure and reliable recording solution for small to medium businesses with up to 16 cameras, the Axis Camera Station S1216 is ideal for use in schools, small office buildings and train stations.
- Installation guide
- Wall plug power cord
Back To Top