This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis I8016-LVE
Overview of the Axis A8004-VE
This outdoor-ready network door station by Axis is an open IP-based door station for video identification, intercom style communication and entry control. It features a built-in IP camera with HD 720p capability, excellent low-light performance and advanced imaging technologies - enabling identification of persons, even in difficult lighting conditions. Additional features include two-way audio, Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and support for remote access via a mobile device.
The unit’s integrated network camera is capable of delivering HD 720p video at full frame rate. It also features wide dynamic range (WDR) - Dynamic capture, for the clear identification of individuals and objects in both bright and dark areas. Identification is enhanced with the built-in microphone and speaker, providing echo-free two-way audio support. High quality imaging, alongside full duplex audio, provides an advanced intercom function that allows the user to see and communicate with visitors.
The door station features an open interface, allowing helpful integration with third-party video management software and other applications. This flexible unit enables the addition of both communication and entry control to a surveillance system, helping to improve security. Additionally, it supports Axis Camera Station and remote monitoring with mobile applications - ideal for small to medium sized installations.
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is supported for integration with various IP phone systems to help meet advanced audio and video communication requirements. The unit also includes multiple I/O ports for the remote control of door locks and other equipment to help improve access control.
Video motion and audio detection alarms can be configured to help provide reliable and accurate security monitoring. When these alarms are triggered, the unit efficiently alerts are the user of activity via a choice of several notification methods such as email. Additionally, alerts can be configured to trigger local recording onto the MicroSD card (not included).
Support for PoE allows the door station to receive both power and network connection via a single network cable. This also provides a sufficient amount of power to support and control most standard door locks directly from the unit.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- Integrated network camera delivers HD 720p resolution at 30 frames per second (fps) - providing clear, high-quality imaging
- WDR – Dynamic Capture enables details in scenes with both bright and dark areas to be viewed clearly
- Built-in microphone and speaker allow echo-free, two-way communication between user and scene
- Open interface for integration with third-party software, for flexible for use with a wide range of video management software
- Support for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) enables easy integration with IP network systems
- Multiple I/O ports for remote control of doors-locks and other equipment
- Configurable video motion and audio detection alarms for enhanced scene awareness
- Support for local recording onto MicroSD card (not included) – helpful as a data backup if network connection is lost
- PoE provides enough power to support standard door-locks to enable remote entry from a mobile device or a PC
The Axis A8004-VE door station is an effective addition to any surveillance installation. It supports intercom style communication, video identification and remote entry control - suitable for entrance ways that require high levels of surveillance. Typical applications include prisons, large offices and restricted areas inside a building.
- Installation Guide
- Wall mount frame
- Resitorx T20 L-key
- Resitorx T10 L-key
- Plug connnectors (power, I/O, line-out, relay)
- Cable gasket
- AXIS Connector guard A
- AVHS Authentication key
Back To Top