This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Network Video Encoders
Overview of the Vivotek VS8100
The Vivotek VS8100 is an ultra-compact video encoder that assists with the migration of a single analogue camera to a digital surveillance system. This encoder supports a variety of different analogue cameras including PTZ models and features Pan/Tilt/Zoom control through a built-in RS-485 port. Also, a 3.5mm phone jack allows the connection of an external microphone to capture audio in close proximity. Power sharing with the connected camera makes this encoder ideal for front-end installation where power supply and IP network connections are already settled.
Note: an optional power adapter is available if power sharing with the analogue camera is not possible (select from the drop down menu above if required).
This device includes H.264 and MJPEG compression formats, offering lower bandwidth and storage use without compromising on image quality. The VS8100 also provides simultaneous streaming (maximum of 3) with the ability for each stream to be individually configured with separate frame rates, resolution and image quality for increased flexibility depending on the application.
Key features & benefits
- Provides up to 30 fps of smooth video at D1 resolution
- Single analogue video source through an RJ-45 male BNC input
- Power sharing supported or an optional DC 12V power adapter can be used (supplied separately)
- Real-time H.264 and MJPEG compression standards are both supported, providing flexibility depending on requirements
- Multiple H.264 and JPEG streams offer flexible resolution and compression options for monitoring and recording
- RS-485 port allows the operation of pan, tilt and zoom systems remotely
- One way audio via the connection of an external microphone (not included) enables you to hear sound near to the unit
The Vivotek VS8100 will convert an existing analogue CCTV camera signal into IP video, ideal for locations which may currently run older security systems such as local authority buildings, shopping centres and factories.
Back To Top
- Quick installation guide
- Warranty card