This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Panasonic i-PRO WV-S4556L
Overview of the Vivotek FE8172V
Vivotek FE8172V network camera with panoramic, regional or surround view, 'true' day/night, triple codec, wide dynamic range and included recording software for up to 32 cameras
With a 5 megapixel CMOS sensor, the vandal-resistant Vivotek FE8172V produces high quality surround and panoramic images in crisp detail and with HD 1080p video at 30 frames per second provides smooth video suitable for almost all CCTV applications. The vandal-resistant housing is also weather-proof and IP66 rated, providing a strong and durable outdoor surveillance system that can maintain operation through a variety of weather conditions and can be located in areas of high risk of vandalism. The FE8172V fisheye lens offers various display layouts including panoramic, regional and surround view, with the advanced processing capabilities converting hemispherical images into conventional rectilinear projection for viewing and analysis.
An automatic removable IR-cut filter enables the camera to produce mono images during the hours of darkness, reverting back to full colour during daylight. This gives the camera true day/night functionality and delivers a constant, 24/7 surveillance solution. Wide dynamic range technology prevents dark shadows and bright highlights from saturating the picture, ensuring detail is visible and images are of high quality.
3 compression modes, H.264, MJPEG and MPEG-4, provide the user with bandwidth and storage management flexibility. Power over Ethernet enables the camera to receive power and network connectivity through a single cable, saving on installation costs and reducing maintenance. On-board recording presents a variety of cost and time-saving benefits such as there being no need for data to be transferred to a centralised storage device such as a server or PC.
Manage up to 32 cameras with the included Vivotek ST7501 recording software. Remote viewing of live video footage is made possible through Vivotek's iViewer software which enables users to monitor live video from tablets and smartphones, ideal for remote access abroad.
Please note: if you require a power supply, please select a PoE midspan from the above menu as one is not included with this camera.
Key features & benefits
- 5 Megapixel CMOS sensor captures high detail in crisp, high resolution
- HD 1080p at 30 fps provides sufficient frame rate for almost all CCTV applications
- Vandal-proof and outdoor-ready casing provide a robust and durable surveillance solution, enabling the camera to maintain operation throughout various weather conditions and in harsh environments
- Panoramic, regional and surround view deliver viewing flexibility with digital PTZ enabling the user to focus in more detail on a region of interest
- True day/night with IR filter provides a round-the-clock surveillance solution with mono images being produced at night for detailed night-time monitoring
- Two-way audio is supported with a built-in microphone and the ability to add a speaker to the system to enable verbal interaction through the camera
- Triple-codec compression, MJPEG, H,264 and MPEG-4, provides the user with bandwidth and storage management flexibility
- Wide dynamic range enhances image quality by preventing dark shadows and bright highlights from saturating detail in a scene
- Pixel counter helps the user to ensure the image quality of a specific area
- PoE lowers the cost of cabling during a CCTV installation as only a single cable is needed for power and network connectivity to the camera
- SD storage provides a backup solution for data in the event of a network failure or intermittence and eliminates the need for a centralised recording device such as server
- iViewer remote viewing application is ideal for business owners and managers that are often away from the central recording device
The Vivotek FD8172V is able to provide coverage of wide areas therefore is suitable for surveillance in airports, car parks, retail stores and building perimeters. The FE8172V is designed for use outdoors and is ideal for applications that are vulnerable to vandalism. This network camera is also suitable for outdoor applications of a large area that require constant, 24/7 surveillance.
- Vivotek FE8172 network camera
- Vivotek ST7501 recording software CD
- Mounting plate
- Power & I/O cables
- Dessicant bag
- Double-sided tape
- Rubber seal plug
- Rubber washer
- Alignment sticker
- Quick installation guide
- Warranty card
Back To Top
- Corner mount
- Junction box
- Pendant mount
- Pole mount
- Wall mount