Overview of the Vivotek FD8171
This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP Starlight 6000 VR outdoor dome
High resolution and frame rate Vivotek FD8171 indoor dome network camera with true day/night capability and smart IR technology, wide dynamic range (WDR), 3D noise reduction, smart stream technology and smart focus system.
The Vivotek FD8171 network camera provides high-level surveillance suitable for demanding, fast-paced indoor environments such as banks and casinos. 3 megapixel resolution at 30 frames per second or HD 1080p video at 60 fps captures high frame rate video in high quality for detailed, smooth security footage. Integrated infrared LED lights combined with 3D noise reduction enable the FD8171 to provide enhanced night-vision up to 20m, free from motion blur and noise for clear long-range identification. Smart IR technology constantly adapts the LED brightness with changing lighting conditions to ensure the optimum illumination and preventing overexposure. Wide dynamic range (WDR) further enhances image capture in challenging lighting by ensuring detail is captured in extremely bright or dark areas.
The Vivotek FD8171 offers simple installation and maintenance with the smart focus system and P-iris lens which can be remotely adjusted by the built-in stepper to optimise the iris level. Two way audio support enables a speaker and microphone (not included) to be connected to the camera so sound can be captured to complement video footage. Advanced triple window motion detection with tamper and audio detection delivers high-level, accurate monitoring, alerting the user via email of activity amongst other methods. Smart stream technology enables the resolution of particular regions to be configured without raising bit rate for efficient bandwidth control.
Power over Ethernet (PoE) also makes installation quicker, eliminating a separate power cable as power is fed through the network cable. On-board storage onto a Micro-SD card provides a data backup solution during potential network issues, ensuring data is smooth and uninterrupted. The Vivotek FD8171 comes with 32-channel recording software for easy video management.
Please note: a power supply is not included with this camera, please select one from the above drop down if required.
Key features & benefits
- 3 megapixel resolution at 30 fps or HD 1080p at 60 fps provides detailed, high quality footage for critical surveillance in busy areas
- 20m smart IR lights provide enhanced night-vision able to adapt to changing lighting conditions, preventing overexposure
- 3D noise reduction reduces bandwidth from sensor noise and produces polished video in low-light
- Wide dynamic range (WDR) enables capture of extremely bright and dark environments so all detail is visible
- Smart stream technology allows users to configure region of interests (ROIs) to improve quality without raising bit rate, optimising storage and bandwidth use
- P-iris lens maintains iris opening by built-in stepper motor at optimal level at all times for sharp images
- Smart focus system enables remote focus and zoom adjustment for easy installation and maintenance
- An external microphone input and audio output provide two way audio support for verbal interaction and audio capture
- Triple window video motion, audio and tamper detection detect activity in user defined areas and trigger an alarm to alert the user via email and automatically storing vital footage
- PoE removes the need for a second cable installation and lowers installation costs
- A Micro-SD card slot (card not included) provides on-board storage, acting as a data backup if network problems arise
- H.264 compression reduces file size without compromising video quality whilst also reducing bandwidth use. MJPEG and MPEG-4 are alternative compression methods if required
Compatible recording platforms
- Network Video Recorders:
The Vivotek FD8171 network camera delivers high-level whilst unobtrusive indoor surveillance ideal for fast-paced, busy environments where detailed, high quality footage is required 24 hours a day. Typical examples include casinos, banks and prisons.
- Vivotek ST7501 32-ch recording software
- User manual
- Quick installation guide
- Installation wizard
- Alignment sticker
- Desiccant bag
- DC connector
- AV cable
Optional (please select from above drop down menu if required):
Back To Top
- PoE midspan
- Micro-SD card