This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Wisenet QND-6021
Overview of the Vivotek FD8166A
This ultra-mini dome IP camera by Vivotek is capable of delivering high quality HD 1080p resolution at 30 frames per second (fps). The compact indoor unit is only 90mm in diameter and supports true day/night recording, making it an ideal choice for non-invasive surveillance - 24 hours a day. Additional features include audio support, edge recording and Power-over-Ethernet.
One-way audio is supported with a built-in microphone that has an effective range of around 5 meters. This enables the camera to capture sound that is not in the field of view, providing more effective monitoring. Five window motion detection enables the user to define multiple areas to trigger an alarm if motion is detected, or trigger recording onto the integrated Micro-SD card for on-board recording (Micro-SD card sold separately).
Audio, tamper and motion detection alarms can be configured to enhance scene awareness and deliver reliable IP CCTV monitoring. When these alarms are triggered, the camera alerts the user of activity via notifications such as email.
PoE facilitates installation of the unit further as only one cable is needed to carry power and network connectivity to the camera, also reducing maintenance costs. Dual codec provides the user with alternative compression modes for different applications, H.264 giving considerably reduced file size, whilst Motion JPEG provides high quality, but high bitrate video.
Vivotek's iViewer software for iOS and Android devices enables video to be accessed and managed remotely via smartphones or tablets, ideal for business owners and managers on the move.
Key features & benefits
- 2 megapixel progressive CMOS sensor produces high quality images
- HD 1080p at 30 fps provides high quality motion video data at a sufficient frame rate for many applications
- Ultra-mini compact design provides an unobtrusive surveillance solution
- Five window motion detection can trigger an alarm to alert the user that motion has been detected and also invoke recording to the Micro-SD card
- Built-in microphone enables verbal interaction and audio recording
- Privacy masking enables the user to block certain areas from the camera’s field of view so they are not recorded; for example a home window or chip and pin machine
- Dual codec gives the user two choices for compression, H.264 and MJPEG for different applications and gives storage and bandwidth use flexibility
- PoE reduces installation costs as only a single cable is required to power the camera and also connect it to the network
- Micro-SD storage provides a completely decentralised security system, ideal for mobile applications such as public transport
- iViewer app provides remote monitoring to any iOS on Android device
The compact size and design of the Vivotek FD8166A makes it an ideal camera for unobtrusive indoor security operations, or for use in small spaces such as lifts and taxis. Support for PoE and edge recording and quick installation time make this camera a suitable solution for temporary or mobile security applications such as public transport or temporary structures.
Back To Top
- Quick installation guide
- Warranty card
- Focus kit