This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Indoor IP Cameras
Overview of the Vivotek FD8163
Vivotek FD8163 HD network camera with Smart Focus system, triple codec, DC-iris motorised vari-focal lens with a maximum horizontal field of view of 104° and video cropping.
The Vivotek FD8163 is an easy-to-use network camera offering HD1080p video at 30 fps, advanced long-range night-vision and a built-in PIR sensor for movement detection. With a 2MP sensor and wide dynamic range technology, the FD8163 produces high quality images with the correct light balance so detail is clear. A removable IR-cut filter gives the Vivotek FD8163 true day/night capability with black and white images being produced at night-time, switching back to full colour during the day. This night-vision coverage is increased by the integrated IR illuminators which have a radiant distance of up to 15 metres.
The on-board Smart Focus technology by Vivotek makes installation and adjustment easier as the lens can be remotely focused. Triple codec compression gives the user flexibility on bandwidth and storage demands and enables the user to create a tailored security system for their requirements. SD card recording offers benefits for temporary or mobile CCTV applications as investment in centralised recording devices such as a PC or server is not always required. PoE facilitates the installation process as only cable is required; this also makes the Vivotek FD8163 a good choice for surveillance in areas where traditional CCTV cabling may be difficult.
The iViewer app (available in app stores) gives mobile access to live video and camera control. The included Vivotek ST7501 recording software supports video management for up to 32 channels and is suitable for small to medium IP video installations.
Please note: this camera does not with an included power supply, if you require a PoE midspan, please select one from the above drop down menu.
Key features & benefits
- 2MP CMOS sensor produces high quality, crisp images
- HD 1080p video at 30 frames per second provides smooth video, suitable for almost all CCTV applications
- Wide horizontal field of view of 104°
- True day night capability is made possibly through an IR cut filter which enables the camera to produce mono images during low light
- Vivotek Smart Focus technology enables the lens to be remotely focused, this makes installation and adjustment quick and easy
- IR illuminators provide up to 15 metres of night-vision for enhanced night-time security
- The built-in PIR sensor detects movement and can trigger an alarm to alert the user
- Wide dynamic range eliminates light saturation from images to ensure detail is clearly visible and images are crisp and clear
- Triple codec support gives the user storage and bandwidth flexibility and enables the FD8163 to be used with a range of encoders
- PoE powers the camera through the same cable as network connectivity so reduces the costs of installation or relocation
- SD storage offers several benefits over traditional IP systems, including uninterrupted recordings and mobility
- Mobile support through the iViewer application is useful for business owners and managers who require remote access to live video
- Free 32 channel Vivotek ST7501 recording software
The Vivotek FD8163 is useful for constantly monitoring wide indoor areas such as lobbies, receptions and indoor railway stations. The enhanced night-vision features make this camera useful for monitoring areas that are busy at night and require detailed surveillance.
- Vivotek FD8163 network camera
- Vivotek ST7501 32 channel recording software CD
- L-type hex key wrench
- Dessicant bag
- DC connector
- Hex nut
- Double-sided tape
- AV cable
Back To Top
- Vivotek wall mount
- Vivotek pole mount
- Vivotek corner mount
- Vivotek pendant mount
- Vivotek swan neck mount