Overview of the Vista VK2-ENCODER
This product is now discontinued, an alternative product is the Axis Q7401
Low-cost and simple to use single port VK2-ENCODER network video encoder for converting an analogue video stream to IP, capable of 704 x 576 resolution at up to 25 images per second. Features two-way audio support, dual streaming, I/O ports, Power over Ethernet (PoE) and free recording software.
The Vista VK2-ENCODER enables the use of an existing, analogue CCTV camera on an IP-based video system using existing infrastructure, removing the need for investment in new cameras. The unit provides up to 25 frames per second for smooth video footage. It is able to detect activity with built-in video motion detection, adding to the camera's functionality. Support for dual streaming enables for two streams to be configured individually so video can be viewed live in lower quality and high frame rate whilst recording takes place at a high quality setting for event analysis and collating evidence material.
Support for audio in and out, telemetry output and alarm inputs and outputs enable various external devices to be connected to the video encoder. Power over Ethernet (PoE) enables quick and low-cost installation.
Please note: this unit does not come with a power supply, please select a midspan from the above drop down menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- 704 x 576 resolution at 25 fps capability provides smooth video footage
- Audio support enables sound recording and playback using an external microphone and speaker (not included)
- Telemetry output
- Dual streaming support
- Motion detection triggers video recording and alerts the user of the activity detected for reliable monitoring
- H.264 compression reduces file size whilst maintaining quality. MPEG-4 and Motion JPEG also supported
- PoE supplies power via the network cable to eliminate the need for separate cabling
- Free Vista VK2-CLIENT recording software
The VSK-ENCODER is ideal for applications that need an existing analogue CCTV camera to be integrated into a modern IP video system, without replacing infrastructure. The VK2-ENCODER provides a cost-effective solution for when analogue video footage needs to be accessed from various locations and from different devices such as smartphones.
Back To Top
- Vista VK2-CLIENT video management software (supports up to 32 cameras)
- Power supply
- Installation CD
- Installation guide