Overview of the Veracity Highwire VHW-HWPS-C2
This dual ethernet and PoE over coax device allows users to install two IP cameras over an existing coaxial cable, reducing installation costs and the need for rewiring. The device requires no configuration, as connection to IP cameras is completely automatic. Furthermore, Veracity's SafeView LED display allows users to check power level and connection instantly.
This unit is compatible with both IEEE802.3at and IEEE802.3af Power-over-Ethernet standards that can be connected at the base end of the coax to provide a power budget of up to 20W. Alternatively, two PSU units are also available (selectable from the dropdown menu) to provide up to 78W. Please see the table below for a full PoE power budget breakdown.
(to IP cameras)</>
Please note: this device does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Allows the connection of up to two IP cameras over an existing coax cable
- Compatible with IEEE802.3at and IEEE802.3af Power-over-Ethernet standards
- Compatible with all Veracity Highwire Powerstar base units
- Integrated 2-port POE switch (POE+ with local power option)
- Straightforward configuration with automatic connection of IP cameras
- Offers up to 20W using PoE/PoE+ switch or 75W using local power
- Connection and power level can be checked via SafeView LED display
This device is ideal for installations with an existing coaxial cable that require migration from an analogue to a digital IP system without the need for rewiring.
Back To Top