Overview of Vaxtor VaxOCR Container
- Automatically detects and logs container codes
- Reads both horizontal and vertical codes
- Gathers additional metadata such as time, date and GPS position
- Free-flow and trigger modes as well as directional and region-of-interest filtering available
- One licence is required per camera
Providing fast and accurate real-time recognition of ISO 6346 container codes, in both horizontal and vertical orientation, this OCR application detects container codes in live video or still images captured from a connected IP camera. Ideal for use in airports, harbours or border control, it facilitates data collation and identification of containers. Furthermore, this application is available onboard Axis IP cameras or integrated onto a PC running the latest edition of Windows or Linux OS.
Application & Functionality
In addition to the container code, a range of metadata is also collected by the software, including owner code, owner city, position of code, an image of the container, date, time, video source and container dimensions, offering a very comprehensive overview of each container that is detected. This information can be sent via VAPIX/ONVIF, XML, JSON or HTTP POST to a compatible VMS such as Milestone XProtect, Helix Back Office or Axis Camera Station for storage and further analysis.
Please note: In low-light conditions, an artificial white light is required to read non-reflective codes.
With user-friendly integration, this application offers two different operating modes: triggered mode allows users to set predefined conditions for recognition to be initiated, whilst free flow mode carries out recognition continuously. Detection can also be filtered via the direction of travel or region of interest, ensuring only the most relevant data is collected. Moreover, the application requires a licence to be purchased for each connected camera.
Please Note: Users must purchase a licence for either onboard or PC integration, if you require both, an extra licence is required per camera.
The number of cameras that can be integrated into the PC application is dependent on device specifications and expected traffic.
Key features & benefits
- Detects ISO 6346 container codes, both vertically and horizontally on live or still images
- Available embedded onto compatible Axis IP cameras or via a PC client
- Additional metadata is collected including owner code, owner city, position of code, an image of the container, date, time, video source and container dimensions
- Data can be sent to Milestone XProtect, Helix Back office and Axis Camera Station for storage and reporting
- Two operating modes are available: triggered and free flow with directional or region filtering
- One licence is required per connected camera
Contact us if you require help to decide which setup is best for your requirements.
Providing automatic container code recognition directly through an existing CCTV camera, this application is ideal for tracking container inventory, container surveillance and border control applications.
Compatible integration platforms
- One VaxOCR Container on-camera licence for use with one Axis IP camera
- One year Vaxtor software maintenance
Back To Top
- Remote set-up and configuration service after camera installation to ensure optimum performance