This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis T8705 video decoder
Overview of the Synology VS360HD
When paired with a Synology NAS running Surveillance Station video management software, this decoder provides a simple monitoring and playback solution – without the need of a PC. It supports the live view of up to 36 network cameras and includes a range of connections to provide a versatile standalone set up – ideal for small to medium sized organisations. Additional features include a VESA mounting kit and remote access via the DS cam mobile app.
Up to 36 camera feeds can be streamed simultaneously at HD 720p (10fps) and higher resolutions are supported over few channels (up to a maximum of 5MP). The integrated HDMI and VGA outputs allow the connection of high definition monitors for live viewing and playback. These dual outputs also allow operators to set up a TV wall solution with a number of displays, by connecting multiple decoder units through a KVM switch. USB ports allow accessories such as a keyboard and mouse to be connected for easy system navigation. Additionally, high-quality video files can be exported onto an external USB drive, as an alternative to downloading data directly from the NAS. This cost-effective solution allows the user to monitor live feeds, browse stored video footage and export data easily.
This palm sized, compact unit is ideal for deployment in exposed environments or where space may be limited - such as cashier desks or reception areas. The included VESA mounting kit allows the unit to be fixed to the back of a compatible monitor. This allows basic monitoring and data export to be carried out locally in higher risk areas, while the main recording server can be stored in a more secure location.
The operator is able to configure a range of monitoring features with Synology’s Surveillance Station - it's available for free and includes two camera licences. The software is quick to set up and has a user friendly interface to allow easy on-screen operations, live monitoring and playback of recordings.
For additional Surveillance Station licences, see the licence packs in related products above.
Useful camera angles can be set using PTZ control and then grouped together to form Patrol Cycles, ideal for monitoring specific areas of interest. Smart analytics, such as video motion detection alarms help to provide reliable security monitoring. When triggered, these alarms send instant notifications through email or the DS cam mobile app to warn the operator of potential incidents.
Key features & benefits
- This high-performance decoder provides a live view and playback solution when connected to a Synology NAS running Surveillance Station
- Surveillance Station video management software includes a versatile range of features to provide reliable security monitoring
- Supports the live view of up to 36 camera channels simultaneously – ideal for small to mid size applications
- Dual video outputs allow the connection of monitors with a simultaneously mirrored display
- Support for HD 720p at 10fps over 36 channels or even 5MP with fewer channels or lower frame rate
- The connection of multiple decoder units to a KVM switch, allow the set up of a scalable TV wall
- Multiple accessories can be connected via the USB ports, such as a keyboard or mouse, for easy navigation around the user interface
- USB 3.0 port allows the fast export of data to a USB drive
- Compact form factor enables unobtrusive placement in areas where little space is available
- Included mounting kit allows the unit to be fixed to the back of a VESA compliant monitor
- Basic monitoring and data export can be carried out locally, while the main server is stored in a secure location
- Configurable patrol cycles can be set up with PTZ cameras to monitor specific areas of interest
- Video motion detection can be configured to notify the operator via email or the DS cam mobile application
- DS cam app enables remote monitoring with access to live viewing and playback of recordings
Key technical features
- Compression format: H.264, MPEG-4 and MJPEG
- Stream: up to 36 live views
- Video output: VGA x 1, HDMI x 1
- Connections: USB 2.0 x 2, USB 3.0 x 1
- Supported resolutions: up to 5 megapixel
- Frame rate:
H.264: 360 FPS @ 720p (1280x720) across 36 channels
160 FPS @ 1080p (1920&x1080) across 16 channels
90 FPS @ 3M (2048x1536) across 9 channels
60 FPS @ 5M (2591x1944) across 6 channels
MJPEG: 150 FPS @ 720p (1280x720) across 15 channels
40 FPS @ 1080p (1920x1080) across 4 Channels
20 FPS @ 3M (2048x1536) across 2 channels
10 FPS @ 5M (2591x1944) across 1 channel
- Audio: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack x 2 (input/output)
- Operating temperatures: -10°-50°C
- Power: 100V to 240V AV
- Power consumption: maximum 4.76W (36ch full-load)
- Weight: 0.3g
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 32mm x 130mm x 130mm
The Synology VS360HD decoder is an ideal solution for organisations requiring a CCTV monitoring station in areas with little space for a desktop server or where the server needs to be installed securely, elsewhere. Typical applications could include independent retail cashier desks, hotel receptions and building control rooms.
Back To Top
- Quick Installation Guide
- AC Power Adapter
- RJ-45 LAN Cable
- VESA mounting kit</li?