This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Wisenet NVRs and VMS
Overview of the Synology RS815+
This high-performance Network Video Recorder (NVR) solution consists of the RS815+ Network Attached Storage (NAS) device running Synology’s Surveillance Station video management software, featuring an open platform architecture that supports over 4700 IP cameras from 90 brands. The 1U rackmount chassis features four drive bays that house up to 32TB storage and can be supplied with Western Digital Purple hard drives (fitting required). Additionally, the unit’s eSATA port allows the connection of an RX415 expansion unit to scale storage up to 64TB.
The user can install Synology’s free Surveillance Station VMS to create a reliable surveillance solution. The software comes with two camera licences and is easily accessed via a networked PC. It features an intuitive interface and allows the user to easily manage IP settings, record and monitor video footage from up to 40 cameras in a system. Additionally, the DS cam mobile app enables remote access to the system from iOS and Android devices.
Please select the number of camera licences required in the dropdown menu above.
The RS815+ features a powerful dual-core processor and hardware encryption engine to support the fast transfer of files. The device is capable of delivering 389.03 MB/s reading and 361.33 MB/s writing speeds using Link aggregation and RAID 5 configurations. Four integrated Gigabit LAN ports feature failover support to reduce service disruption and two built-in USB 3.0 ports enable fast and efficient file transfer to external storage devices. Additionally, the drive bays’ hot swappable design ensures quick disk replacement and reduces the of chance costly system downtime.
The Synology RKS1314 rail kit (please select in dropdown menu above) will allow the RS815+ to be easily installed into a server rack. It comes with sliding rails, making it easy to slide the unit in and out for easy maintenance.
Windows ADS support allows the unit to be easily integrated into an existing network – without the need to recreate users’ accounts. A range of helpful add-on applications are available such as DiskStation Manager for smart and simple management.
This NVR solution can be supplied with a choice of up to four 6TB WD Purple hard drives (fitting required). These drives have been specifically engineered for demanding video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the drop down menu above).
Key features & benefits
- The RS815+ provides secure management and storage of data files – ideal for small to medium sized enterprises
- Surveillance Station video management software can be installed to provide a centrally managed monitoring and recording solution
- ONVIF compatibility and open platform design supports over 4700 IP cameras
- Free DS Cam mobile app available for remote access to Surveillance Station
- 4 drive bays house up to 32TB storage and can be supplied with optional high-performance WD Purple hard drives (fitting required)
- Storage can be increased up to 64TB with the connection of Synology’s RX415 expansion unit via the built-in eSATA port
- Fast file transfer with powerful quad-core processor and hardware encryption engine
- Up to 389.03 MB/s reading and 361.33 MB/s writing speeds using Link aggregation and RAID 5
- Four Gigabit LAN ports feature failover support to ensure continuous network uptime
- Two USB 3.0 ports enable quick transfer of files onto external storage devices
- Hot swappable design facilitates quick disk replacement and reduced system downtime
- Windows ADS support enables simple integration into an existing network with no need to recreate user accounts
- Helpful add-on packages such as DiskStation manger allow the user to get the most out of their device
The Synology RS815+ RackStation offers up to 32TB storage across 4-bays when used on its own. Storage can be expanded up to 64TB with the connection of an expansion pack via the integrated eSATA port. Suitable for small to medium organisations, typical applications include schools, bus stations and supermarkets.
- Accessory pack
- AC Power Cord
Back To Top
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu if required