This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Wisenet NVRs and VMS
Overview of the Synology DX513
The DX513 expansion unit features five drive bays and can provide up to 50TB of additional storage when connected directly to a Synology DiskStation NAS or NVR216 via the included expansion cable.
The unit’s hot-swappable drive design facilitates quick and simple hard drive installation, and eSATA connectors at either end of the included expansion cable ensure a reliable connection and maximum throughput. A quick connection speed of up to 3.0 Gb/sec allows hard drives in the expansion unit to operate at the same speed as those installed within the Synology DiskStation.
Users are able to expand the connected DiskStation’s RAID volume directly without having to reformat the existing hard drives - ensuring seamless expansion of capacity without any system downtime.
Alternatively, this expansion unit can be used as a dedicated local backup solution for the Synology DiskStation. When created as a separate volume, this expansion unit allows data to be backed up to its local hard drives in the case of system failure.
Please note: We supply this expansion unit with a choice of up to five 6TB WD Purple hard drives (fitting required). These drives are specifically engineered for video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the dropdown menu above).
Key features & benefits
- Expansion unit can be connected directly to a Synology DiskStation NAS or NVR216 and provides up to 50TB of additional storage
- Compatible with a wide range of Synology DiskStation units and the NVR216 (for full compatibility list please see the datasheet)
- Support for up to 50TB storage across 5 drive-bays and is optionally supplied with WD Purple hard drives (up to 30TB – supplied separately)
- Quick installation and hassle-free maintenance of disks with hot-swappable design
- Included expansion cable ensures a reliable connection and maximum throughput
- User’s Guide
- Accessory pack
- AC power cord
- Expansion cable
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above):
Back To Top