This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Wisenet NVRs and VMS
Overview of the Synology DS416
This high-performance Network Video Recorder (NVR) solution consists of the DS416 Network Attached Storage (NAS) device running Synology’s Surveillance Station video management software. The software has an open platform architecture and supports over 4700 IP cameras from 90 brands. The device supports up to 32TB of storage across 4 drive bays with optional Western Digital Purple hard drives supplied separately. Ideal for use in small organisations, the device also includes a range of helpful software applications and hot-swappable disk support.
Surveillance Station video management software can be easily installed on this device (free of charge) and accessed on site via a networked PC. It includes two camera licences and enables the user to manage IP settings, record and monitor video footage from up to 25 cameras in a system. Additionally, the DS cam app provides remote access to live views and playback of recordings – all from a mobile device.
Please select the number of camera licences required in the dropdown menu above.
The DS416 features a high-performance dual-core processor and hardware encryption engine, supporting the fast transfer of files, even when encrypted. The device can deliver over 221.05MB/s reading and 139.51MB/s writing (depending on the network environment) using Link aggregation and RAID 5 configurations. Two integrated Ethernet ports feature LAN failover support to ensure continuous network uptime and three built-in USB 3.0 interfaces enable the quick transfer of files onto external storage devices. Additionally, the tool-less hard drive tray and hot swappable design facilitates quick hard drive disk replacement without downtime, ensuring data is saved and available at all times.
Support for Windows ADS integration allows the device to be easily introduced into any existing network setup without need to recreate user accounts. Additionally, comprehensive network protocol support allows seamless and flexible file sharing across Windows, Mac and Linux platforms.
Browser-based software packages, such as DiskStation Manager and File Station are included, allowing disks and data files to be managed easily. Additionally, the DS file application allows remote access to data from an iOS or Android mobile device.
We provide this NVR solution with a choice of up to four 6TB WD Purple hard drives (fitting required). These drives are specifically engineered for video surveillance applications. Please select your storage choice from the drop down menu above.
Key features & benefits
- The DS416 provides secure management and storage of data files – ideal for small organisations
- Surveillance Station software can be installed and includes a versatile range of features to provide reliable security monitoring
- ONVIF compatibility and open platform design supports over 4700 IP cameras
- Free DS Cam mobile app available for remote access to Surveillance Station
- Supports up to 32TB storage across 4 drive-bays and is optionally supplied with high-performance WD Purple hard drives (fitting required)
- Fast file transfer support with powerful dual-core processor and hardware encryption engine
- Over 221.05MB/s reading and 139.51MB/s writing speeds using Link aggregation and RAID 5
- Dual LAN failover support to help ensure continual network service in case of LAN failure
- Three USB 3.0 ports enable quick transfer of files onto external storage devices
- Tool-less hard drive tray and hot swappable design ensures continuous service when a disk is replaced
- Windows ADS integration allows easy introduction into an existing network with no need to recreate user accounts
- Comprehensive network protocol supports flexible file sharing across multiple platforms
- DiskStation Manager and File Station software packages are included for easy management of hard drives and data files
The Synology DS416 offers up to 32TB storage and is a versatile solution, suitable for small organisations such as retail stores, small offices and schools.
- Accessory pack
- AC power adapter
- 2 x RJ-45 LAN cable
Back To Top
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu if required