This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Morphean Cloud CCTV subscription
Overview of the Synology DS1517+
This Synology Network Attached Storage (NAS) device provides secure storage and management of video data files. It features five drive bays which house a maximum of 50TB storage and can be supplied with Western Digital Purple hard drives (fitting required). In addition, up to two Synology expansion packs (DX517) can be connected via the integrated eSATA connectors to increase storage levels up to a maximum of 150TB.
The unit’s high-performance quad core processor is capable of delivering an average of 1,165 MB/s reading and 527 MB/s writing speeds under a RAID 5 configuration with Link Aggregation enabled. It’s also equipped with a dedicated AES-NI hardware encryption engine to support the fast and secure transmission of encrypted data. Integrated USB 3.0 and eSATA ports allow additional external storage devices to be connected, whilst ensuring fast and efficient file transfer speeds. The unit’s four Ethernet ports feature failover support to provide redundancy in the event of an unexpected port malfunction, and hot-swappable drives reduce system downtime for hassle free maintenance during drive replacement.
Designed specifically for medium to large-size business applications, Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) is fully-equipped with helpful applications and features to ensure users get the most from their network storage solution. Support for Windows ACL and LDAP allows the unit to be easily integrated into existing networks. The Btrfs file system is also supported, offering a business-ready solution that helps to prevent data corruption, whilst providing flexible backup tools.
This high-performance Synology NAS device is supplied with a choice of up to five 6TB WD Purple hard drives (fitting required). These drives are specifically engineered for video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the dropdown menu above).
Key features & benefits
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) device provides secure management and storage of data files
- Support for up to 40TB storage across 5 drive-bays and can be supplied with WD Purple hard drives (fitting required)
- Up to two DX517 expansion units (not included) can be connected to increase storage capacity
- High performance quad-core processor and AES-NI hardware encryption engine provide fast file transfer
- Up to 1,165 MB/s reading and 527 MB/s writing speeds using Link aggregation and RAID 5
- Quad LAN failover support helps ensure continuous network uptime
- USB 3.0 and eSATA ports allow quick connection to external storage devices
- Quick installation and hassle-free maintenance of disks with hot-swappable design
- DiskStation Manager software allows hard drives to be configured and managed easily
- Easy integration into an existing network with Windows ACL and LDAP support
- Btrfs file system offers a range of technologies for efficient management of storage
The Synology DS1517+ 5-bay NAS device offers up to 50TB storage when used on its own, and storage capacity can be increased up to 150TB with the connection of expansion devices via the unit’s multiple eSATA ports. Typical applications include universities, leisure centres and supermarkets.
- Quick installation guide
- Accessory pack
- AC power cord
- 2 x RJ-45 LAN cable
Optional (please select from above dropdown menu if required):
Back To Top