Overview of the Sony SNC-XM637
- Condition: Box opened, demo unit
- 1-year warranty
- No returns or refunds
- Serial number: S01-3200048-3
- Quantity: 1
Feature-rich and compact mini dome IP camera with Sony’s IPELA ENGINE EX signal processing platform providing high-level signal processing alongside advanced video intelligence technologies for optimised CCTV footage in challenging lighting conditions; and also providing a range of reliable alarm detection methods. Suitable for general outdoor applications and with handy features including smartphone access, SD card recording and audio recording.
The slim-line Sony SNC-XM637 camera is ideal for unobtrusive indoor or outdoor surveillance and is suitable for installation in compact environments such as ATMs, elevators and small reception areas. The 113° wide horizontal viewing angle enables the SNC-XM637 to capture wide-angle scenes in crisp, high-quality HD 1080p resolution. The innovative 3-axis mechanism enables the lens unit to pan, tilt and rotate when the camera is wall or ceiling mounted, so the camera angle can be easily adjusted for optimum lens positioning and scene coverage. The IK10 and IP66-rated casing protects the SNC-XM637 from impact, vandalism attempts and wet weather.
The Sony SNC-XM637 IP camera delivers advanced electronic day/night technology, providing the camera with good low-light performance. Sony's View-DR wide dynamic (WDR) technology enhances image capture in scenes with harsh or bright backlighting to prevent light saturation. The camera's IPELA ENGINE EX signal processing system provides further image optimising capability through visibility enhancement, image stabilisation and XDNR noise reduction. The built-in microphone enables audio capture to complement visual footage and assist with scene and event analysis.
Wide-ranging alarm detection functions including removed object detection, face detection, intrusion, passing, left object detection, tamper alarm and rule-based intelligent video analytics provide accurate monitoring. If an event is detected, the camera can automatically send notifications to the user via email and also trigger recording; this can either be to a centralised device such as a PC or server or the integrated SD card (not included).
The user can select a variable or constant bit rate to effectively manage bandwidth depending on network conditions. Edge recording onto an internal SD card )sold separately) acts as a data backup in the case of network failure so data remains uninterrupted. Sony's SNC IP Set Up application and Power over Ethernet (PoE) support make installing this camera quick and easy.
The Sony SNC-XM637 IP camera comes with smartphone access for convenient live viewing and playback management.
All Sony X series cameras are compatible with a choice of 3 optional Sony e-Varifocal lenses, available with 83°, 51° or 25° horizontal viewing angles and enabling flexible control over focal length to provide scene coverage suitable for a wide range of surveillance applications (please select from the dropdown menu if required).
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Sony’s IPELA ENGINE EX processing platform provides efficient and high-level camera performance
- Mini dome form factor blends seamlessly with surroundings and is suitable for unobtrusive surveillance
- HD 1080p video at 30 fps provides high-quality, crisp footage
- IP66 and IK10-rated casing is durable for outdoor use, offering protection against dust, water and vandalism attempts
- 3-axis mechanism enables the lens unit to be turned for flexible adjustment of the camera
- Visibility enhancer, XDNR noise reduction, View-DR and image stabiliser technologies optimise image capture to produce high-quality, clear video footage in all lighting environments
- High-level intelligent video analytics enables the camera to trigger alarms if activity is detected, providing reliable, accurate surveillance
- Variable or constant bit rate can be selected to suit different network conditions
- Electronic day/night technology automatically switches the camera to the correct capture mode depending on lux level
- Handy smartphone viewing provides convenient remote access via mobile devices for video data management on the move
- Audio is captured by the built-in microphone to assist with event analysis
- PoE powers the camera through the same cable as network connection so installation costs are reduced
- On-board recording onto an SD card (not included) provides a decentralised storage solution and data backup
- M12 network connection for secure connectivity
Compatible recording platforms
The compact Sony SNC-XM637 network camera is ideal for non-invasive surveillance in small areas such as elevators, reception areas and ATMs. This camera is also suitable for indoor use in applications subject to conditions such as moisture and dust such as factories.
- CD-ROM (supplied programs)
- Installation manual
- Safety regulations
- Mounting adapter
- Screws x 4
- Lens adjusting tool
Back To Top