This product has been discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP micro 3000i.
Overview of the Sony SNC-XM636
Compact and feature-rich IP camera with Sony’s IPELA ENGINE EX signal processing platform integrating video intelligence technologies with high-performance signal processing to provide detailed, sharp CCTV images in challenging lighting with a range of reliable alarm detection methods. Suitable for most outdoor applications, particularly installation in trains with the M12 connector and EN50155 rating. Other features include a built-in microphone, edge recording and convenient remote access via mobile devices.
The low-profile form factor of the Sony SNC-XM636 network camera makes it ideal for unobtrusive surveillance indoors or outdoors and is suitable for use in small spaces such ATMs and elevators. The 85° wide horizontal viewing angle captures scenes in wide angle in HD 1080p resolution/quality. The camera's 3-axis mechanism enables the lens unit to pan, tilt and rotate for simple, flexible adjustment of camera angle for optimum lens position; enabling the unit to be either wall or ceiling mounted. The Sony SNC-XM636 is also IK10 and IP66 rated for durable use outdoors with impact resistance.
The Sony SNC-XM636 network camera uses advanced electronic day/night technology, providing good low light capability whilst Sony's excellent View-DR wide dynamic technology adapts the camera to harsh backlighting or dark shadows. The camera's IPELA ENGINE EX signal processing system provides further imaging technologies such as image stabilisation, visibility enhancement and XDNR noise reduction for high quality image capture in low light. The built-in microphone can also capture audio in combination with video to complement visual footage and assist with event analysis.
The SNC-XM636's diverse alarm detection functions include intrusion, passing, removed object detection, left object detection, tamper alarm, face detection and rule-based intelligent video analytics. Its high-end video analytics provide various accurate detection methods, reducing false alarms and providing efficient, accurate surveillance. If an event is detected, the camera can automatically send notifications via email and trigger recording either to a centralised device and / or to the on-board SD card (not included).
Variable or constant bit rate can be selected by the user to manage bandwidth effectively depending on the network environment. On-board SD card recording makes this camera ideal for use in trains as video storage is mobile and has no dependence on a centralised recording system. The SNC-XM636 also complies with EN50155 standards and has an M12 connector for use inside trains. PoE support and Sony's easy SNC IP Setup application make installation quick and simple.
All Sony X series cameras are compatible with a choice of 3 optional Sony e-Varifocal lenses, available with 83°, 51° or 25° horizontal viewing angles and enabling flexible control over focal length to provide scene coverage suitable for a wide range of surveillance applications (please select from the drop down menu above if required).
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Sony’s IPELA ENGINE EX processing platform provides all round, high-end camera performance
- Mini dome form factor blends neatly with surroundings and is ideal for non-invasive surveillance in small spaces such as elevators, bank ATMs and trains
- HD 1080p video at 30 fps provides high quality, crisp video
- IP66 and IK10 rated casing is durable for outdoor use, providing protection against water, dust and impact
- 3-axis mechanism enables the lens unit to be turned in pan, tilt or rotate directions for flexible adjustment of camera angle
- EN50155 and a M12 connector enables use in trains
- View-DR, visibility enhancer, XDNR noise reduction and image stabiliser optimise video footage
- Advanced intelligent video analytics enables alarm triggers if activity is detected for reliable, accurate surveillance
- Selection of either variable or constant bit rate provides correspondence with various network conditions
- Electronic day/night technology automatically switches the camera to the relevant capture mode depending on lighting to produce the best possible image
- Mobile viewing provides convenient remote access to video data
- Audio can be captured by the built-in microphone to complement recorded video and assist with event analysis
- With PoE power the camera through the network cable for cost-effective installation
- On-board recording onto an integrated SD card (not included) provides decentralised storage ideal for transport applications
Compatible recording platforms
The compact Sony SNC-XM632 network camera ideal for unobtrusive surveillance in small spaces such as elevators, reception areas and ATMs. The cameras EN50155 certification and M12 connector makes it suitable for use on trains.
- CD-ROM (supplied programs)
- Installation manual
- Safety regulations
- Warranty booklet
- Mounting adapter
- Screws x 4
- Lens adjusting tool
Optional (select from the accessories tab if required):
Back To Top