This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP Starlight 8000i.
Overview of the Sony SNC-VM772R
Delivering 4K Ultra HD resolution at 30 frames per second (fps), the Sony SNC-VM772R network camera is a ground breaking model in this bracket of IP cameras. Sony's Exmor R™ CMOS image sensor and a high speed image processing engine help achieve high quality, detail packed video footage, even in near darkness. The ruggedised dome is suitable for exterior use and together with true day/night capability up to 50m, intelligent image processing and efficient bandwidth management - this IP camera is ideal for collection and analysis of evidence in busy outdoor scenes.
The camera can capture a stills image at 20MP (5472 x 3648) which can serve as a detailed "evidence shot" and will function effectively, retaining details in colour at light levels as low as 0.06 lux - thanks to the size and sensitivity of the 1.0-type back illuminated image sensor. This unit continues delivering high quality images as light levels drop further, automatically switching to black and white - infrared (IR) mode for round the clock surveillance. Thirty integrated IR LEDs give a clear view in complete darkness of objects up to 50m from the camera and adaptive IR helps prevent overexposure of these objects even when they're closer to the camera or highly reflective.
A variety of image processing features including wide dynamic range (View-DR), highlight compensation, defog and optical image stabilisation help maintain image clarity in response to changing environmental and challenging lighting conditions. Sony's intelligent scene capture technology automatically selects optimum picture settings to suit the time of day or weather but users are also able to adjust settings manually and set according to time schedules or external triggers.
The extra image detail that comes with 4K resolution increases demand for bandwidth and storage but this is managed intelligently with Sony's coding and cropping technology. Storage costs can be minimised and network bandwidth reduced by up to 50% by allowing the entire image and specific areas of interest to be observed using different bit-rates and resolutions. Video processing is enhanced further with multi tracking which can follow multiple objects, tracking them independently at 4K resolution - essentially achieving the same result as several PTZ cameras but saving the cost of additional hardware. The SNC-VM772R also features a 2.9x optical zoom lens, allowing areas of interest to be examined in detail as high resolutions close-ups.
Easy focus, easy zoom and Power over Ethernet support (PoE) make installation and maintenance of this network camera quick and simple. On board recording via an SD card allows the camera to be used as a standalone unit with no dependence on centralised recording devices or as a backup facility for a camera in a larger installation.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select a midspan from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- 4K (3,840 x 2,160) Ultra HD resolution video captured at 30fps and the option for HDMI digital video output
- High-quality “Evidence Shot” still images captured at 20MP - triggered by on-board motion detection or external inputs such as motion detectors and door sensors
- Motorised, 2.9x optical zoom lens for high resolution close-ups
- Highly sensitive, back illuminated image sensor, able to produce full colour images in illumination levels as low as 0.06 lux
- True day/night capability with 50m IR illuminators and adaptive IR technology provide high quality, 24/7 surveillance
- Optical image stabiliser enables the camera to be mounted to structures subject to vibrations
- Vandal-resistant, IK10 rated ruggedised housing with IP66 rating for durable outdoor use in a variety of weather conditions as well as damp or humid indoor environments
- Advanced video analytics provide efficient motion detection including face, tamper and multi tracking of up to 4 objects
- View-DR increases detail in images, equalising light saturation across highlights or shadows in high contrast scenes
- Sony XDNR noise reduction improves image clarity when captured under low illumination
- Easy focus and easy zoom make installation and maintenance quick and simple
- PoE support means the camera can be powered through the same cable as network connectivity, reducing cabling costs
- Selectable bit rate, choice of codec and up to 5 streams offer users flexible bandwidth and storage usage
- Smartphone viewer app enables remote access to video data via mobile devices providing flexible video management
- On-camera SD card recording provides a local backup or standalone set up option
- ONVIF compatibility ensures interoperability between IP video products from different manufacturers
Compatible recording platforms
The Sony SNC-VM722R is an advanced network camera designed for high performance outdoor applications that require 24/7 surveillance - where it's important to be able to respond to and capture incidents in real time or where analysis after an event requires high quality, evidence gathering. The camera is able to cover a large area that may conventionally have been covered by multiple cameras. Typical applications would include city streets, retail parks, transportation routes (road or rail) and airports.
- Screws (M4)
- Sealing rubber
- Multi connector cable
- Installation documentation and warranty booklet
Back To Top
- Sony IFU-WLM3 (USB wireless LAN module)
- PoE Midspan
- SD card