This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP Starlight 6000 VR.
Overview of the Sony SNC-VM641
This robust dome IP camera from Sony delivers smooth, HD 1080p resolution video round-the-clock at up to 60 frames per second (fps) - making it ideal for monitoring areas with high levels of activity. Featuring an IK10-rated housing, the camera is suitable for deployment in exposed indoor locations and can be easily installed via Power-over-Ethernet (PoE). Additional features include audio support and integrated SD card storage.
The unit’s varifocal lens (3.0mm – 9.0mm) offers horizontal viewing angles up to 105° and allows optimum scene coverage to be set during installation. Regions of interest can be investigated in real-time using the camera’s 3x optical zoom and users have the ability to obtain quick close-ups of the original image using 4x digital zooming.
A range of advanced imaging technologies are available that help to deliver clear video footage – even in difficult lighting conditions. The combination of high-performance XDNR noise reduction and advanced sensor technology allows the camera to capture full colour images in near darkness. In addition, support for View-DR wide dynamic range (WDR) technology helps to improve images captured in challenging lighting conditions by compensating for bright light and dark shadows - ensuring individuals and objects are clearly visible.
Configurable video motion detection alarms can be set to trigger SD card recording – informing users of potential incidents. The camera’s integrated alarm and audio I/O ports support the connection of external devices – helping to enhance alarm signalling or enable features such as two-way audio. Additionally, Sony’s DEPA Advanced video analytics uses rule-based alerts such as ‘passing’ and ‘intrusion’ to increase overall scene awareness and deliver reliable security monitoring.
Power-over-Ethernet supplies the unit with both power and network connectivity over a single cable for a quick and cost-effective installation. Edge storage is also included and recordings can be written to the on-board SD card (not included) - offering a handy backup of data if the network fails. In addition, H.264 and MJPEG compression standards are both supported - providing flexibility depending on requirements.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select a midspan from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers high-quality HD 1080p resolution at up to 60 fps – ideal for busy indoor scenes
- True day/night functionality with integrated IR-cut filter provides round-the-clock surveillance
- Vandal-resistant, IK10-rated housing is ideal for installation in areas where camera tampering may occur
- Varifocal lens allows the user to easily set the viewing angle during installation
- XDNR processing and Exmor sensor support the delivery of full colour images in ambient light extremes
- View-DR technology enables details in scenes with both bright and dark areas to be viewed clearly
- Enhanced security monitoring with configurable video motion detection alarms and DEPA Advanced video analytics
- Multiple H.264 and JPEG streams offer flexible resolution and compression options for monitoring and recording
- PoE supplies power and network connection over one cable for quick and cost-effective deployment
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board SD card (not included) and used as a backup if the network fails
Compatible recording platforms
The Sony SNC-VM641 dome IP camera is a compact unit that delivers smooth, HD 1080p video surveillance of indoor busy areas – 24 hours a day. It’s vandal-resistant housing also makes the camera suitable for installation in areas prone to tampering such as arcades, leisure centres and police stations.
- Installation manual
- Safety regulations
Optional (please select from the accessories tab):
Back To Top