This product is no longer available, for an alternative model please see the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP Starlight 8000i.
Overview of the Sony SNC-VB770
This advanced box IP camera from Sony delivers smooth, 4K Ultra HD resolution at full frame rate. Equipped with a high sensitivity Exmor CMOS sensor, it’s able to capture full colour video - even in near darkness. With intelligent image processing, configurable video motion detection alarms and edge recording – this unit is ideal for professional applications that require detailed, 24-hour surveillance of indoor locations. Power-over-Ethernet support simplifies installation and users can choose from three high-quality, E-mount lenses (please select from the dropdown menu above).
This innovative model can operate in almost pitch-black conditions (less than 0.004 lux) to provide full colour, 4K video with reduced levels of noise. The camera uses a highly-sensitive 35mm full-frame Exmor sensor, together with optimised E-mount lenses, to maximise the performance of both the sensor and its signal processing engine. Area-specific noise reduction technology divides the image into areas based on patterns, such as textures or evenly coloured zones for example. It then applies the most appropriate noise reduction, providing improved image quality - even in darkness.
With support for a wide range of Sony E-mount lenses (fitting required), the user has the flexibility to choose the most suitable lens to meet their surveillance requirements. These interchangeable lenses are optimised to retain high resolution across the entire image area and help get the most from 4K resolution, allowing detailed analysis of specific areas in a scene.
A range of image processing features, including Sony’s wide dynamic range technology (View-DR) and highlight compensation, help to maintain image clarity in challenging lighting conditions. Sony's intelligent scene capture technology provides the best picture quality, day or night, by automatically selecting the optimum picture settings in response to changing environmental and challenging lighting conditions.
The camera uses Sony’s coding and cropping technology to manage the increased demand for bandwidth and storage that comes with 4K resolution. Intelligent cropping allows the user to observe the entire scene, as well as specific areas of interest, at different bit-rates and resolutions. Meanwhile, Sony’s intelligent coding provides efficient management of bandwidth by reducing bit-rates in areas of little importance, whilst retaining high resolution in regions of interest. The Multi Tracking function, often used in combination with either of these features, is useful for observing moving objects in the field of view of a single 4K camera. It can recognise and dynamically track a subject when activity is detected in specific areas of interest.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select a midspan from the above dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of capturing 4K (3,840 x 2,160) resolution video at up to 30fps – ideal for the surveillance of large areas
- Highly sensitive, Exmor sensor can produce full colour images in illumination levels as low as 0.004 lux
- Area-specific noise reduction applies appropriate noise reduction to different areas of the scene for clearer imaging with fine details
- E-Mount lens maximises sensor performance and allows the user to adjust the field of view for optimum scene capture
- View-DR combines multiple images captured at different exposures to deliver detailed images in high contrast scenes
- Audio input allows the connection of a microphone (not included) for one-way audio support
- Intelligent scene capture ensures optimum picture quality at all times and in all situations
- Advanced video analytics provide efficient motion detection including face, tamper and multi tracking
- For reduced bandwidth and storage, intelligent cropping allows the entire image and specific areas of interest to be observed at different bit-rates and resolutions
- Intelligent coding helps to lower bandwidth by analysing and optimising the video stream
- PoE supplies power and network connection through a single cable for cost-effective installation
- SD card recording provides a local backup or standalone set up option
- The Sony UNI-E2DG8 outdoor housing (not included) can be used for safe deployment in outdoor areas
Compatible recording platforms
The Sony SNC-VB770 is an advanced, box network camera designed to provide full colour images, round-the-clock, without the need of an IR-cut filer. The camera can provide high performance, 4K video at full frame rate – an ideal solution for organisations requiring surveillance of large areas with high levels of activity. Typical applications could include airports, large shopping centres and stadiums.
- Wire rope
- Screws (M4 × 8)
- 9pin connector for I/O
- 2pin connector for DC12V
- 3pin connector for AC24V
- Operating instructions
- Safety regulations
- Warranty booklet
- Body cap
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above):
Back To Top