This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch DINION IP Starlight Bullet 6000i.
Overview of the Sony SNC-VB642D
The Sony SNC-VB642D outdoor-ready bullet IP camera delivers full HD 1080p images at up to 60 frames per second (fps). The IP66 and IK08-rated unit supports true day/night recording that is enhanced by integrated infrared (IR) illumination, for up to 100m (30 IRE) of clear night vision. Additional features include View-DR, Face and Motion detection, two-way audio, edge recording, image stabiliser and support of Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+).
The units varifocal lens provides wide horizontal views ranging from 105.3° - 35.6° and allows the required viewing angle to be set easily during installation. A 3x optical zoom enables real-time investigation into specific regions of interest, whilst quick close-ups of the original image can be examined using the unit’s 4x digital zoom. The camera uses a duel-light system which incorporates built-in infrared LEDs which provide up to 100m of enhanced night vision, alongside a white light LED illuminator with an illumination distance of up to 11m. Often used as a visual deterrent, the white light illuminator can also be triggered to turn on when motion is detected within the cameras field of view.
Using a sensitive type Exmor R CMOS image sensor and XDNR processing, the camera captures full-colour images in light as low as 0.006 lux. Images captured in high contrast scenes are improved with View-DR wide dynamic range technology. By ensuring details in both bright and dark areas are not lost, objects and individuals can be more easily identified. Image stabiliser is also included and helps to reduce the effects of camera movement from wind or vibrations - ensuring footage is crisp and clear.
In addition to common scenarios such as line crossing and intrusion, various video motion detection methods are available for events such as unattended baggage and object removal. Sony’s DEPA advanced video analytics provide further security with rule-based alarm triggers and objects filters such as ‘passing’ and ‘intrusion’ – reducing false alarms. Intelligent Face Detection is also supported which rapidly indexes recordings to find events where human faces are visible.
H.264 and JPEG compression formats are supported and variable or constant bitrate compression modes give the user flexibility on bandwidth and storage management. A microphone and speaker (not included) can be connected through the audio I/O ports to enable audio recording and two-way communication with those close to the camera. In addition, recordings can be written to the on-board SD card (not included) to provide a helpful backup of data if the network fails.
Please note:a power supply is not included with this camera, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers smooth video footage in HD 1080p resolution at up to 60 frames per second
- Varifocal lens offers horizontal viewing angles from 105.3° - 35.6°
- True day/night functionality with automatic IR cut-filter provides round-the-clock surveillance
- Built-in IR LEDs provide infrared night vision at up to 60m (50 IRE) or up to 100m (30 IRE)
- Duel light system with white light LED illuminator that has an illumination distance of up to 11m
- Exmor R CMOS image sensor and XDNR processing allows for full colour image capture in light levels as low as 0.006 lux
- View-DR wide dynamic range ensures the capture of details in high contrast scenes
- IP66 and IK08-rated for durable outdoor use in harsh weather conditions
- Image stabiliser helps keep video sharp even when the camera is subject to vibrations
- Face detection allows rapid indexing of recordings for quick retrieval of events that contain human faces
- Edge-based video analytics enhance intelligent motion detection with rule-based alarm triggers
- Two-way audio is supported with the connection of a microphone and speaker (not included)
- Integrated SD card slot provides edge storage and allows the camera to be used as a standalone unit
- PoE+ supplies the camera with both power and network connectivity via a single cable – simplifying installation
- Smartphone viewing provides flexible monitoring whilst on the move via Sony Smartphone Viewer
- Adjustable sunshield protects against harsh sunlight
Compatible recording platforms
The Sony SNC-VB642D bullet IP camera includes a host of low-light features and can deliver highly detailed, smooth CCTV surveillance in exposed outdoor locations – 24/7. Typical applications include car parks, bus terminals and university grounds.
- Waterproof tape
- Operating Instructions
- Safety regulations
Back To Top