This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch DINION IP 5000
Overview of the Sony SNC-VB640
This indoor box IP camera produces full HD 1080p images, round-the-clock at up to 60 frames per second (fps). Part of the high-performance Sony V series, this unit supports true day/night recording and advanced imaging technologies such as View-DR wide dynamic range (WDR) to ensure details in both bright and dark areas are not lost. Additional features include Face and Motion detection, two-way audio, edge recording, image stabiliser and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
The Sony SNC-VB640 comes with a CS-mount varifocal lens which provides wide horizontal views ranging from 40.0° to 114.2° and allows optimum scene coverage to be set during installation. 2.9x optical zooming enables the user to obtain close-up views in areas of interest, whilst a 4x digital zoom is handy for further examination of the original image. Using Image Rotation, users can vertically orientate the video stream to help maximise area coverage and reduce bandwidth when monitoring narrow scenes.
By combining a sensitive type Exmor R CMOS image sensor and XDNR processing, this camera can capture full-colour images in light as low as 0.006 lux. View-DR technology helps to improve images in challenging lighting conditions by compensating for bright light and dark shadows - ensuring individuals and objects are clearly visible. Image Stabilisation is also included and ensures video is smooth and steady despite camera vibrations.
Video motion detection alarms can be configured and Sony’s DEPA advanced video analytics helps to enhance scene awareness through the use of rule-based alarm triggers and object filters such as ‘intrusion’ and ‘passing’ – cutting down false alarms. Intelligent Face Detection is also supported which rapidly indexes recordings, allowing users to easily find events where human faces are visible.
Multiple H.264 and Motion JPEG video streams enable users to view a live feed in high-definition and record in a lower definition, saving on storage costs. A microphone or speaker (not included) can be connected through the audio I/O ports to enable audio recording or deliver verbal instructions to those close to the camera. The built-in SD card (not included) offers a helpful backup of data if the network fails and also allows the camera to be used in a stand-alone set up.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the accessories tab if required.
Key features and benefits
- Capable of delivering full HD 1080p resolution at up to 60 frames per second for smooth IP CCTV footage
- Varifocal lens offers horizontal viewing angles from 114.2° - 40.0° allowing a wide area of the scene to be captured
- True day/night functionality enables round-the-clock monitoring of indoor locations
- Exmor R CMOS image sensor and XDNR processing allows for full colour image capture in light levels as low as 0.006 lux
- Improved image clarity in difficult lighting conditions using View-DR wide dynamic range
- Image stabiliser helps to maintain smooth video capture when the camera is subject to vibrations
- Face detection allows rapid indexing of recordings for quick retrieval of events that contain human faces
- Intelligent video analytics enables the camera to trigger alarms if activity is detected, providing reliable, accurate surveillance
- Audio I/O ports support the connection of an external microphone and speaker (not included) to provide two-way audio
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board SD card (not included) and used as a backup if the network fails
- PoE supplies power and network connection over one cable for quick and cost-effective deployment
- Smartphone viewing provides flexible monitoring whilst on the move via Sony Smartphone Viewer
Compatible recording platforms
The Sony SNC-VB640 box IP camera is an ideal choice for businesses that seek high-quality, smooth CCTV surveillance of indoor locations. Typical applications include offices, arcades and banks.
- Wire rope
- Screw M4 x 1
- Installation manual
- Operating Instructions
- DC 12V/AC 24 V connector
Back To Top